Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Commercial Education, DePuy Synthes, Sports Medicine - Raynham, MA
Requisition ID: 3838190503
This Sales Training Manager position at DePuy Synthes is responsible for the design, development and execution of training for the sales organization that is aligned to the global learning strategy and in support of the US region business needs. The learning manager selected for this role will work with Global Education, Regional Marketing, Sales Leadership, Healthcare Compliance and other functional partners to shape and deliver educational programs aimed at elevating the competency of the sales organization aligned with the company policies and strategies.
POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety and environmental compliance.
SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc).
- Collaborate with Global Education Solutions, Regional Marketing and other functional leaders to develop and implement educational programs in support of business objectives.
- Apply adult learning principals and professional facilitation skills in all learning programs.
- Conduct learning in live, virtual and self-guided formats aligned with our learning strategy.
- Ensure that all learning content is current, copy approved and compliant with all government and legal requirements.
- Facilitate learning anatomy, procedures, complex clinical concepts, products, competitive technologies and business practices related to commercial sales roles.
- Coordinate activities with Field Sales Training to support continuity for the learner.
- Provide comprehensive sales training to the US sales team regarding account prospecting, qualification, product positioning, account development and contract closing strategies for sports medicine and arthroscopic capital equipment products.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years successful sales experience in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Capital Equipment (Visualization, Fluid Management, Tissue Resection, RF Energy, etc.) US markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Relocation to Raynham, MA area – work from Raynham offices
- Expert selling sports medicine products
- 2+ years of complex sales experience
- Experience selling capital equipment to C-Suite, Value Analysis Teams (VAT), and other similar committees
- Experience working for other medical device companies such as Stryker, Arthrex, Smith & Nephew, Storz, Olympus or similar.
- Training Experience including Field Sales Training
- Educated in adult learning concepts/theory
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Skype
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Virtual facilitation skills
- Expected to remain current with all company training/compliance requirements
- Participates in development activities to elevate capabilities of competencies in the Learning Professional Competency Model
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Classroom, Office, Cadaver/ Wet Lab environment, Operating Room (OR) surgical settings
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May provide direction of activities to others - peers and/or subordinates
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This description is representative of the knowledge, skill & ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)