Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D IT Business Analyst
Cincinnati, Ohio; Mountain View, California
Requisition ID: 3832181005
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a R&D IT Business Analyst in our Mt. View, CA location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group’s mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson’s medical device products. We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Business Analyst to work with R&D, Product Management, and Marketing to shape the digital connectivity ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and a passion for innovation.
As a R&D IT Business Analyst, you will:
- Partner with the R&D and Product Management organizations to understand their medical device connectivity needs, collaborate on how to create value added services for our customers, prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and solicit requirements.
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems.
- Understand the end-to-end process for the systems related to new product development and process engineering of these new businesses.
- Drive product development towards an MVP that balances between user needs, business objectives, resource capacity, and technical feasibility.
- Analyze and recommend commercially available software product, review strategic IT planning and consult with management to ensure agreement.
- Identify gaps and differentiation opportunities within the digital products.
- Participate in Agile SCRUM teams as a Business Analyst or Product Owner when necessary.
- Define, groom, and prioritize user stories.
- Create project documentation as needed for the program.
- Participate in testing.
- Work in virtual teams, manage project schedules, and track budgets.
- Manage requirements from different directions, always orienting yourself to the concrete needs of the patient.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related engineering field is required. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration and/or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Product Owner or Business Analyst delivering digital products is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical work experience in an IT, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices is preferred.
- Understanding of Agile SCRUM methodologies is required.
- Experience leading, managing, and delivering software projects is required.
- Experience creating processes and documenting requirements is required.
- Ability to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required.
- Experience with client/servers, web technologies, operating systems, networking, and databases is required.
- Understanding of business value and capabilities and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience presenting to executive management is required.
- Familiarity of R&D product development processes is preferred.
- Experience in a life sciences/healthcare organization is required.
- Familiarity with IoT capabilities is preferred.
- This position is located in Mt. View, CA and may require up to 20% Domestic and International travel based on business needs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
North America-United States-California-Mountain View
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)