Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientific Director, Discovery - Gastroenterology DAS
Spring House, Pennsylvania; La Jolla, California
Requisition ID: 3831190110
Janssen Research & Development, LLC is recruiting for a Senior Scientific Director of discovery for the Gastroenterology Disease Area Stronghold (DAS), located in Spring House, PA or La Jolla, CA
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are seeking a Senior Scientific Director to provide oversight of a group within the Immunology therapeutic area with a focus on driving innovative new approaches in drug discovery to address unmet needs in gastroenterology.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Immunology Discovery and working in close collaboration with the Gastroenterology Disease Area Stronghold, the successful candidate will be responsible for refining and implementing our discovery strategy to identify and prosecute novel therapeutic approaches to target key pathogenic and/or regulatory pathways underlying GI diseases including Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for aggressively establishing collaborations with world-class academic and clinical thought leaders in this area to access state of the art expertise and technologies that drive innovative approaches to drug discovery. Ultimately these efforts will provide new insights into targeting key mechanisms involved in triggering and perpetuating disease. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to identify and evaluate novel therapeutic platforms and delivery strategies that have the potential to lead to transformational treatments.
The successful candidate will work within a strong matrixed environment with colleagues within the Immunology therapeutic area, the Gastroenterology DAS and other functional areas including our Innovation Centers to explore both internal and external opportunities. They will participate on the Discovery Senior leadership team to enable to the Discovery function to execute on its overall strategy and will manage a scientific group and lead teams. They will lead efforts into disease understanding at the molecular level and partner with technology platform organizations to develop New Molecular Entities.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in Pharmacology/Biochemistry/Immunology or related field.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in the field of Immunology.
- Understanding key pathways and mechanisms within inflammatory and tissue resident cells, including host/ microbiome interface that may underlie disease processes in gastroenterology is key.
- The successful candidate will have previous line management experience and will have a proven track record of success in the Immunology field through publications and presentations.
- Previous Industry experience and knowledge of small molecule and/or biologic based Drug Discovery is essential.
- Strong communications skills are critical as is a proven ability to work in a matrix environment while establishing and maintaining effective internal and external collaborations.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)