Johnson & Johnson Careers
Optical R&D Engineer
Requisition ID: 3830180611
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for an Optical R&D Engineer to be located in Milpitas, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the J&J Vision brands brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
This Optical Engineer supports the research team and other R&D functions in designing, building, documenting and development of complex optical systems. The role partners with mechanical engineering and others and keeps the usage scenario in mind to come to a workable solution for all stakeholders.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience OR an MS or PhD Degree (in optical engineering / physics or a related field) and equivalent training is required.
- Strong optical modeling experience (ZEMAX / OSLO/ CodeV) is required.
- Experience with full design, development and integration of complex optical systems to full working systems is preferred.
- Experience medical laser system design is preferred.
- Experience in biomedical field, especially ophthalmology is desired.
- Ability to partner with mechanical engineering teams to solve issues related to optical systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position will be located in Milpitas, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptiMedica Corporation (6244)
R&D Engineering (R&D)