Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 3812180220
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager, to be located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery.
The Manufacturing Manager will:
- Lead the Value Stream results in the areas of safety, quality, cost and schedule; and initiates changes to address non-conformities.
- Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and capacity.
- Manage supervisory and operations personnel working in the Value Stream, including developing people at all levels to grow within and beyond their current roles.
- Coordinate and plan with Franchise Operations Development in terms of new products or improvements to the products & production lines.
- Review and comply with all regulatory, operational and personnel policies and procedures (including but not limited to safety, environmental, quality, employee relations), recommending changes as appropriate.
- Ensure regular communication of business performance results to all relevant employees.
- Provide input into Operations strategic plans and activities.
- Comply with and enforce all regulatory requirements and company policies/procedures including but not limited to Quality System Regulations (QSR’s), Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), and Standards of Behavior.
- Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. MES, ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Support LEAN, Six Sigma, and Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; Focus Degree in engineering or technical field preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant business experience required
- Experience in manufacturing and/or equipment development and/or project management and/or installation and qualification required
- Minimum of 2 years’ managing direct reports as a Facilitator and/or Manager required
- Medical device and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Six Sigma and/or Process Excellence and/or Lean certification is preferred
- Experience managing compliance associated with quality and / or regulatory and safety policies preferred
- Basic or advanced computer and database management skills required
- Statistical and/or analytical problem-solving skills preferred
- This position is located in Cornelia, GA and will require up to 10% domestic travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)