Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Engineer Vision Products position, located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Vision Care, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
The Senior Engineer, Vision Products primary accountability will be to provide innovative optical designs that improve the vision for our patients while being comfortable, healthy, and easy to use. Specifically, responsibilities of the position include:
- Developing a fundamental understanding of the human visual system to allow for "Eye Inspired" optical designs;
- Developing and validating of eye and vision models that can be incorporated into a design merit function for lens system optimization;
- Delivering and maintaining the optical design and analysis tools necessary for product performance predictions in terms of vision and visual efficacy;
- Delivering contact lens tolerance analysis and specifications;
- Working across the organization to attain, organize and document the necessary in-vitro and in-vivo data for eye and vision model development;
- Provide optics consulting across the organization as required; develop intellectual property.
- Optical design optimization, specification, and tolerances (50%)
- Development and validation of eye and vision models (30%)
- Assist in competitive product assessments (10%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- A PhD is highly preferred, preferably with 2 years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment with experience in optical system design or visual optics design is required.
- A Master’s degree in Optics, Physics or Vision Science with a minimum of 4 years work experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment with experience in optical system design or visual optics design is required.
- Experience with ophthalmic product design or technology is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of optical design software (ZEMAX or CodeV), Matlab, Microsoft Windows COM, statistics, data analytics & mathematical modeling strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to integrate knowledge across diverse technologies (e.g. optical design, mechanical design, ocular physiology, image interpretation, psychophysics) to generate technical insights and translate into design solutions preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)