Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Software R&D
Santa Ana, California; Milpitas, California
Requisition ID: 3808180220
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Software - R&D to be located in Milpitas, Ca or Santa Ana, Ca
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (“JJVS”) is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of medical devices for cataract and refractive surgery. As a global cataract leader, JJVS provides intraocular lenses (both monofocal reimbursed and premium IOLs) that are specially designed to provide optimized visual outcomes, phacoemulsification and femtosecond laser equipment to safely and efficiently remove cataracts and a full offering of surgical adjuncts, including sterile viscosurgical devices/solutions.
JJVS is the global market leader in the presbyopia correcting IOL marketplace and holds strong #2 positions in all other cataract surgery markets in which it competes. JJVS is also the global market leader in laser refractive surgery and provides excimer and femtosecond lasers and advanced diagnostic devices for corneal refractive surgery. JJVS provides its products in more than 150 countries (more than 60 with a direct sales presence) worldwide.
The Director, Software - R&D, will be responsible for leadership and management of software R&D personnel.
The Director, Software - R&D will:
· Direct the planning and execution of software development and technical support for J&J Vision’s equipment product lines, which currently includes femtosecond lasers, excimer lasers, integrated aberrometer/topographer diagnostic systems, phacoemulsification devices, dry eye diagnostic and treatment systems, apps and websites.
· Assure compliance of all software and software- related activities with J&J, government, quality and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
· Address compliance with applicable Enterprise and Business Unit policies and procedures.
· Lead and manage the development and technology transfer of software solutions for J&J Vision’s current Product Portfolio includes excimer lasers, femtosecond lasers, aberrometer/topographer diagnostic systems, phacoemulsification systems, dry eye diagnostic and treatment systems and associated products.
· Lead the development and integration of software products that meet the needs of the company’s customers.
· Provide the company with significant competitive differentiation against competitive companies and support the revenue growth requirements of the business.
· Provide leadership and vision for a multi-site R&D software teams via the development and implementation of comprehensive software design for the lifecycle of the various product lines.
· Lead resource allocation, budgeting, outsourcing allocation, and personnel development as it relates to software development.
· Both directly and through subordinates, account for product development, product quality, documentation, support and packaging of software components.
· Work closely with the various cross-functional leaders to coordinate development of software and hardware to ensure timely registration and commercialization of J&J Vision’s equipment products.
· Supervise and lead Manager and Senior Manager level software professionals.
· Direct responsibility for software engineers, consultants and technicians.
· Direct the development and execution of software strategies and tactical plans to ensure the development, registration and commercialization of J&J Vision’s equipment products, while following internal policies and procedures and applicable US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
· Prepare, manage and direct the execution of the Software R&D operating budget.
· Hire, train and ensure retention of high-caliber individuals within the Software R&D organization.
· Identify, retain and direct external software consultants and consultancy firms.
· BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is required, advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred.
· 10 years of experience in the conduct and management of software and product development with at least 5 years of experience in developing software for medical devices is required.
· Excellent technical judgement and strong leadership skills as evidenced by a succession of technical software management positions with increasing responsibility is required.
· Experience in software development and new product commercialization in the medical device industry as demonstrated by a track record of successful development and commercialization of new products is required.
· Experience with cybersecurity and IoT (Internet of Things) is required.
· Familiarity with ophthalmic surgery is preferred.
· Complete understanding of software design, development, requirements management, and verification and validation processes, including the use of state of the art tools for management thereof is required.
· Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal in required
· Up to 10-15% domestic travel is required.
United States-California-Santa Ana
North America-United States-California-Milpitas
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)