Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 3799180220
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Multislide Technician located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Multislide Technician is responsible for manufacturing processes by using basic metal working principles & theories to properly diagnose problems & implement corrective actions. Implement all aspects of process improvement, equipment setup, testing, documentation, problem correction and repair of equipment in a timely manner.
- Diagnose tooling & stamping progression problems and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Operate all portable power tools and hand tools, drills, wrenches, grinders and meters to troubleshoot and report production equipment.
- Use basic metal working principles in order to properly diagnose problems and implement corrective actions.
- Ability to run production metal working equipment, as directed, to produce surgical needles of various sizes and types to exacting quality standards and close tolerances of +/- .0001”.
- Make critical decisions under pressure on breakdowns while practicing GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Operate basic PLC controls on production equipment.
- Support Engineering groups including: implementation, tracking and closing of ECN (Equipment Change Notice); development of written procedures for equipment planned maintenance; and conduct equipment qualifications per written protocol to include mechanical & software systems.
- Active participation in plant OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) initiatives within Maintenance Excellence Program.
- Use and maintain Ethicon’s inspection & measurement devices, as needed, to perform setups and maintain production equipment.
- Read and work from detailed wiring diagrams & pipe layout diagrams.
- Set up precision equipment to specifications.
- Make recommendations on changeover reduction initiatives.
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines including utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc.) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.).
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
- Own equipment related utilization metrics for process assignment.
- Identify and recommend electrical and mechanical devices and components for equipment spare parts and ensure spare parts are available.
- A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent skills is required.
- Completion of a 2-year vocational, military, or equivalent technical training/experience; including basic electrical/electronics, mechanics, and is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience is preferred.
- Computer and database management skills are required.
- Statistical and analytical problem-solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing & manufacturing process (such as KANBAN and Pull Systems) are preferred.
- Basic knowledge of machining is required.
- Basic knowledge of pipe fitting, welding is preferred.
- Mathematics & mechanical aptitude skills are required.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include: Standing, sitting, walking, grasping, talking/hearing, pushing, lifting/carrying 50+ lbs. with assistance or mechanically aided (lifting from ground to knees, ground to waist, waist to shoulders).
- Must be willing and able to work 12-hour rotational shift and overtime as needed.
- Must be receptive to working a designated 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
- This position is located in Cornelia, GA & requires up to 5% domestic travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)