Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist, Immunology Medicinal Chemistry
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 3794180220
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson are recruiting for a Scientist, Immunology Medicinal Chemistry, located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are seeking motivated, independent and enthusiastic individuals to join our Medicinal Chemistry team to design and synthesize potential small molecule drug candidates for the treatment of disease.
The successful candidate will possess diverse state of the art synthetic organic chemistry skills and knowledge and be well versed in current analytical chemistry techniques. The individual will maintain a close interaction with the biologists/pharmacologists, the computer assisted drug design group, and pharmaceutical development scientists. Key attributes of a successful candidate include excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment.
· Develop novel viable synthetic routes and execute clear strategies to synthesize complex molecules using state-of-the-art technologies
· Remain conversant with emerging modern synthetic organic and Medicinal chemistry literature.
· Demonstrate a high level of productivity in the laboratory
· Contribute to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting
· Generate novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making
· Ph.D. degree in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with 0-3 years of relevant chemistry research experience, or MS degree in Organic Chemistry with 9+ years drug discovery experience is required.
· 1-2 years post-doctoral experience is preferred.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)