Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Contract Management
Requisition ID: 3792180611
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Contract Management located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Director, Janssen Biotherapeutics will be responsible for developing a strategy to execute external contracting opportunities to ensure successful downstream management of agreements. The role will be responsible for establishing a mechanism to effectively coordinate cross functional perspectives from key stakeholders to enable successful execution of the E2E contracting process. It is critical for this individual to establish effective working relationships with Procurement, Legal, External Partnership, Finance and Scientific stakeholders to enable processes. In addition, this role will partner with the Alliance Management function to ensure a seamless transition from pre to post contract execution by supporting the education of key stakeholders on contractual obligations.
- Conduct regular meetings with procurement to discuss progress on contracts, current issues and partner to identify solutions
- Lead contract kickoff meetings with legal, procurement, and scientific stakeholders to align on the goals of the future external relationship, ensure each stakeholder is well informed, and align on the key deliverables to execute on the E2E contracting process
- Establish best practices and enabling processes to streamline contracting
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities
- Upon contract execution, partner with Alliance Management to effectively operationalize the contract transition and support educating the business on contractual obligations, including financial tracking of some contracts
- Partner with key business stakeholders to respond to strategic outsourcing changes to meet the demand
- Partner with Alliance Management and procurement to enable cost efficiency efforts with the external partner
- Demonstrate proficiency in using systems (eMP, Totality etc..) to enable the contracting process
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree is required, a degree in a scientific discipline is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years experience in Pharma/Biotech is required
- A legal background is preferred
- Experience in contract management is required
- Leading teams on cross functional projects is preferred
- Managing directly or indirectly teams of managers/professional employees is preferred
- Experience working in an external environment managing externals relationships such as CRO, academic collaborations, strategic partnership is preferred
- This candidate must be able to navigate complex situations and drive towards solutions
- Strong communication skills
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)