Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR MATERIALS ENGINEERING FELLOW
Requisition ID: 3781190903
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
The Senior Materials Engineering Fellow plays a key role in Product Supply for the organization. This position is located in Bridgewater, NJ. Other locations, including MA or FL, may be considered.
- Understands needs throughout the enterprise, defines major areas for research action, scouts for technologies, identifies the best partners and originates programs with these partners.
- Plans, executes and directs research and development projects and programs where the complexity of the technical problems requires insights into the issue and possible solutions.
- Matches the application of technologies to customer issues and pain points without over complicating the path to success; creates a clear line of sight from technology solution to customer issue.
- Guides technical and unusually difficult research and development-related programs by exhibiting outstanding initiative and innovation.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative in performing experiments, particularly when problems are encountered which require troubleshooting.
- Provides recommendations for improving development activity to achieve higher levels of efficiency.
- Reviews technical and patent issues. Writes proposals, reports and presents technical papers to enhance the company's reputation originating and defending ideas in ongoing projects and for new projects.
- Provides major contributions to the scientific field, marketable technologies, and the business.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the supply chain materials strategy including theory, capabilities of existing and novel materials, and innovative applications of materials for use in supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Materials or Engineering; advanced degree preferred
- Expertise in multiple-materials related areas, such as composites, ceramics, plastics, metals, micro-structures and engineered surfaces
- 15+ years of related work experience
- Experience in the development / implementation of novel materials for healthcare a plus
- Ability to construct a global network of experts in materials science
- Demonstrated ability to develop materials across multiple supply chain needs
- Ability to travel 30% + including domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)