Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Advanced Analytics
Requisition ID: 3781181004
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Advanced Analytics based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Advanced Analytics – NA Pharm, will shape, lead and deliver the appropriate analytic strategy to address business challenges and opportunities across the portfolio of Janssen NA Pharm business units. This individual reports to the Sr. Director of Commercial Innovation, Janssen NA Pharm.
- Develop and execute a vision and roadmap for Advanced Analytics capabilities that will drive a sustainable competitive advantage for our business units.
- Identify the key business questions, business processes and decisions where application of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and other data science techniques can deliver measurable business impact.
- Promote, educate, measure the impact and lead the change management required for sustainable and scalable implementation of innovative methodologies.
- Lead investment optimization analytics that will enable cross-portfolio budgeting, resource allocation and scenario planning.
- Lead a team of approximately 12 highly skilled and specialized professionals in testing, implementing, measuring and scaling analytics deliverables to inform critical business decisions through transformative analytics.
- Function as an internal and external thought leader who can bring continual innovation to Janssen, and a talent accelerator who will acquire, nurture and develop best in class data science and analytics talent.
Overall, this is a role that will emphasize leadership and change management while being conversant and comfortable with the latest advances in data engineering, analytics, technology and infrastructure.
- Masters (M.S.), PhD or equivalent advanced degree required in a field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics
- At least 10 years of overall working experience is required.
- At least 5 years Pharmaceutical experience required
- At least 8 years’ experience in analytics required (commercially relevant experience preferred)
- Supervisory experience required (direct people leadership experience preferred)
- Consulting and/or internal client management experience required
- Direct experience in the application of Data Science techniques, programming in R, Python, SAS SQL etc. preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational agility to influence commercial decision-making is required.
- Ability to effectively work in a matrix structure across our portfolio, partnering with Commercial Excellence colleagues in the delivery of analytic solutions that enable our business stakeholders, notably sales, marketing, managed markets/market access develop deep and actionable customer and market insights is required.
- Ability to collaborate with our business stakeholders to ask the right questions, apply the appropriate analytic methodology and influence the implementation of this methodology so that the organization can test and learn from the experience is required.
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation within the Commercial Excellence organization through identified use cases, demonstrating the value of predictive analytics (AI/Machine Learning), patient analytics and promotion response analytics and objectively assess their impact and potential for scalability across the business units is required.
This position is based in Titusville, NJ with occasional travel to the Horsham, PA campus as business needs require and up 15% travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)