Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Flight Engineer for their Ewing, New Jersey facility.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The ability to work with a demanding flexible daily work schedule and function in a small team environment that relies on all members to accomplish company objectives is essential. This position encompasses floating responsibility to perform maintenance on all aircraft along with launch and recovery operations as determined by aircraft schedule. Dedication, attention to detail, proactive engagement and flexible work hours are all a must. In addition, the Maintenance flight engineer will be involved in departmental functional groups of varying topics that contribute to the success and efficiency of the department. Personal and professional development is encouraged and supported with leader guidance. Daily direction will be provided through the Director of Maintenance, the Maintenance Supervisor, as well as other colleagues in the team as appropriate.
· Responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance and inspections of airframes, powerplants and aircraft components in a manner that conforms to the requirements of the manufacture, the FAA and our company standards.
· A thorough working knowledge in the inspection, testing, troubleshooting and repair of airframes, hydraulics systems, fuel systems and aircraft engines.
· Maintain appropriate records and logs, comply with applicable Government and FAA rules and regulations and follow appropriate aircraft technical data.
· Launch and recovery support including aircraft fueling and towing.
· Provide active participation in the Department Safety Management System (SMS) and involvement in obtaining bi-annual certification through IS-BAO (International Standard— Business Aircraft Operations
The Flight Engineer will be a crew member on corporate aircraft during international and domestic travel. They will provide technical expertise during in-flight and AOG situations along with tending to the comfort and safety needs of passengers. The Flight Engineer will have a solid understanding of on-board entertainment and communication systems including Satellite, Data-connectivity, and Iridium phone systems. The Flight Engineer will be a dynamic role to ensure the utmost quality criteria of company aircraft as described below, but not limited to:
· High level of customer service, working with all levels of leadership, employees, and customers is required.
· Act as an observer during take-offs and landings.
· Perform the duties of flight safety attendant which may include meal service for passengers and crew members.
· Work closely with flight crew members to analyze and correct malfunctions.
· Assist in medical or other emergencies.
· Supervise outside maintenance.
· Adapt to a flexible schedule which may include weekends and holidays.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
· High school diploma or GED is required.
· Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience maintaining Gulfstream G550 and G650 aircraft required.
· Graduation from a formal maintenance school, military or civilian required.
· Knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to aircraft maintenance, inspection and repairs required.
· Must be willing to travel on designated flights both domestic and international as a flight crew member.
· Must be able to obtain a passport, visas and pass a back ground investigation, to support operations in foreign countries.
· Must be able to adapt to a flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary.
· Good physical condition to satisfactorily pass company physical examination is required.
· Must be willing to relocate within 60 miles of Ewing, New Jersey.
· Prior experience as a flight technician /cabin attendant, providing customer service to passengers is an asset for this position.
This position will require up to 40% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-West Trenton-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)