Johnson & Johnson Careers
JJVC Electrical Engineering Intern
Requisition ID: 3779190123
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors and rising Seniors for internship in Research & Development (R&D) located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Academic major for Internship opportunities in R&D is Electrical Engineering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- R&D Advanced Engineering - Opportunity to work on a variety of engineering assignments utilizing a wide-range of engineering principles. Assist with planning development and design of contact lens making equipment featuring industrial automation hardware/systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers, HMIs, robotic and servo systems, power systems and analog/digital control systems. Review progress and evaluate results of multiple projects across various disciplines. Partner with teams of engineers and technicians as necessary to achieve project completion. Assist with facilitating and conducting engineering assignments. Advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location and to/from work every day.
- A stipend will be offered to students that meet the commuting distance eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Adheres to safety environmental policies and procedures and supports department objectives.
- Develops and maintains Behavioral Standards in line with company standards and policy.
- Enrollment (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university during the Internship is required.
- Actively pursuing at least, a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related academic major is required.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Internship is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)