Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Data Sciences - Behavior Sciences & Analytics
Requisition ID: 3773180611
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions (JJHWS) is a center of excellence for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices and Consumer sectors, focused on healthcare consumer engagement and behavior modification, leveraging behavioral science, analytics, and a common digital/IT platform. JJHWS will partner closely with each sector’s strategic customer and franchise account groups to help guide the development of offerings to payers, providers and retail customers globally.
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions will serve as an enterprise-wide group responsible for harnessing a J&J portfolio of capabilities to deliver innovative J&J enterprise solutions for J&J products to deliver improved health outcomes
We are recruiting for a Director, Data Sciences to be located in New Brunswick, NJ. This position will report into the VP, of Behavior Science & Analytics.
- Leads and manages the data science department including the data science team, the Behavior Science Data Framework and all processes related to Advanced Analytics.
- This position builds and lead the strategy of data science and advanced analytics that result in business value for J&J.
- Guides multiple teams of professionals including technology, compliance, product and behavior science.
- Proposes innovative ideas addressing analytics/business challenges in creative and illustrious presentations.
- Guides legal counsel on protecting intellectual property, including filing for patents, where advised.
- Plans and guide tactical operations focused on the creation and advancement of algorithms, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Deep Learning, and AI techniques, and theory to solve health behavior outcomes problems as well as ad hoc analysis posed by management.
- Leads data insights analyses of science-based digital health products. Builds data insights processes, and guides resolving of validation challenges and/or performance measures.
- Leads and influence data science Thought Leadership content initiatives.
- Understands C-level initiatives. Guides and influences strategic objectives using data science experience and knowledge through active collaborations.
- Influences and guide external partnerships, contracting, and collaborations.
- Accountable for building key relationships and acquiring related information regarding new technologies and applications for incorporation into business goals.
Data Framework, Architecture and Ontology:
- Leads through innovation and builds technical requirements related to the data environment; data architecture, data framework, data lake, and big data computation. supporting behavior and data science advanced analytic processes. Works closely with dedicated BUIT and ITAS engineering teams to develop, operationalize and evolve the requirements, as needed.
- Guides and oversee the behavior science team to co-develop and maintain the Behavior Science Ontology. Leads data-derived insight that inform behavior science product requirements.
- Guides within J&J data governance requirements, build large, complex data sets (acquisition, storage, and participate in contractual agreements to protect and access to data).
Data Insights and Advanced Analytics:
- Leads and oversee advanced data analysis to identifying factors that predict health engagement, health behaviors, and/or health outcomes.
- Using knowledge and experience, leads and guide advanced analytics to identify significant subgroup behavior patterns and insight related to the qualities of subgroups.
- Builds standards and metrics to measure efficacy of behavior change techniques (BCT’s) in relation to impacting targeted behavior.
- Leads and guide the implementation of insights in Decision engine to optimize and personalize the digital health solutions. Oversees and guides the development and deployment of algorithms to be used in the digital health solution’s decision engine that maximize adoption and sustaining health behaviors for identified subgroups.
- Presents business and clinical insights to Executive and C-level leadership demonstrating successful completion of business goals
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
- A minimum 10 years of experience in a corporate or private industry setting
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of supervising and managing data science teams
- Experience with building innovative, competitive, and high barrier-to-entry solutions
- Experience working with structured and unstructured complex, and heterogeneous data sets
- Possesses a mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms and advanced mathematics
- Has data mining knowledge and experience that spans a range of disciplines including a working knowledge of health and wellbeing
- Is an agile learner and adapts to changing conditions to mobilize teams in a new direction
- Ability to plan, prioritize, adapt to change, and provide appropriate follow-through to effectively drive business results
- Ability to persuade others to a new or different perspective through use of compelling data and insights to achieve positive business results
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and meet short turnarounds and deadlines
- Passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management
- Coordinates and participate in budget and resource planning to continue to meet marketing needs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience in filing patent applications and inventions, and actively work Legal department to protect intellectual property
- Experience in publishing results in top-peer reviewed scientific conferences and journals
- Experience with advising senior level executives, and understands, can apply and help others on the team utilize basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick