Zarbee’s Naturals is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, Zarbee’s Naturals New Products & Innovation to join our team, based in Greenwich, CT.
Zarbee’s Naturals has evolved from a pediatrician founded brand of children’s cough syrups to a leading brand of health & wellness products for the whole family. Zarbee’s uses wholesome, handpicked ingredients whenever possible and was the first to develop more natural, clinically proven over the counter products that help keep the whole family healthy and happy.
This is a pivotal role, fundamental to our strategic plan business goal to become the #1 "Better for you" natural Health and Wellness brand for the entire family.
This highly visible role requires a hardworking marketing leader with strong business orientation, creative thinking, agility and bandwidth to work seamlessly across all age groups and categories and in partnership with internal and external partners. The role requires close collaboration with senior leadership primarily within the Zarbee’s Leadership Team, but also to stay close to the Global Franchise Self Care Organization, the Enterprise global technical team and the NALT. The position reports into head of Innovation, Portfolio Strategy & International.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible to shape the 5 years innovation roadmap, lead the commercial development of our innovation plans that meet consumer needs for our Baby, Kids and Adult Cough, Sleep and Wellness business. This position will partner with R&D, Business Development, Consumer Marketing and Sales to develop mid to longer term incremental, meaningful and transformative innovation. Accountable for the projects P&L and pricing strategy, the role will support sales and attend key customer meetings and line reviews. Leading and developing a team of 2 associate marketing managers.
With a deep understanding of consumer insights, Brand innovation strategies and pipeline objectives the successful marketing candidate will lead the development of the Brand innovation and equity growth plans in line with the 3 years operating plan and Brand ambition.
- Create and develop mid to long-term innovation plans for new products across our all priority health and wellness categories and age groups
- Partner with Market Research, Zarbee’s and J&J Regional marketing leadership, R&D, and Business Development to develop, screen and validate new product opportunities; Assess them for the various categories with emphasis on commercial potential, business models, and overall strategic fit
- Use both internal and external development avenues to maximize commercialization pathways and gain access to outstanding products that will accelerate our growth plans
- For Zarbee’s highest priority global innovation projects, serve as point person to consult with and provide overall strategic alignment and commercial feedback to key partners
- Create and build innovation pipeline for NA ; Drive toward building scalable global platforms
- Partner with Business Development in the pursuit of licensing & acquisition targets
- A BA/BSC degree is required. MBA is a plus
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in setting a vision and executing in a similar integrated leadership role within a consumer packaged goods organization, preferably with a breadth of functional and/or industry experience.
- Must have pediatric experience.
- Deep innovation experience and direct involvement leading product launches.
- Experience in providing marketing thought leadership—taking consumer insight and using it to drive thinking and good decisions.
- Experience working in a global organization and collaborating with different cultures groups.
- Demonstrated expertise and successful track record in leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment; Experience in successful partnership with key cross functional groups including R&D, BD, Finance, Medical, Regulatory, Supply Chain, etc.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to facilitate alignment across groups.
- Proven financial acumen in making effective business decisions, establishing pricing strategy and P&L.
- Strong curiosity and creative drive to support new ways to solve undefined issues.
- OTC experience is a plus.
- This role requires 20-25% national travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.