Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Sr Manager Advanced & Predictive Analytics located in South San Francisco, CA.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
This role is responsible for providing advanced analytics solutions to influence decision making at senior levels of the organization, driving revenue and share growth while optimizing spend for Actelion brands. Specifically, overseeing analysis on ROI, patient analytics and predictive analytics leveraging machine learning and other advanced techniques. They will also be responsible for introducing innovative techniques and methodologies to identify and drive growth opportunities.
- Responsible for planning, directing, overseeing and providing thought leadership for advanced analytical solutions including machine learning and artificial intelligence that aligns with business insight needs, are forward looking, and use tools and methods to track, report and analyze results
- Development of a credo-based company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Lead a cross-functional team of highly skilled and specialized data science and analytics talent in testing, implementing, measuring and scaling analytics deliverables to inform critical business decisions through transformative analytics.
- Manage relationships and overall project management with external vendors, sales leadership, brand teams and other commercial stakeholders across commercial excellence
- Act as an internal consultant, proactively identifying and developing solutions to bring continual innovation to Actelion
- Serve as a talent accelerator who will acquire, nurture and develop best in class data science and analytics talent for your team
- Lead budget management, resource allocation, project prioritization and scenario planning across the team
- Lead story development and presentation of analytical solutions to ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Build, evolve and manage promotion response models to provide insights and recommendations to optimize promotional efforts
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required; an advanced degree in a field such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience in analytics, management consulting or related field is required (commercially relevant experience preferred)
- Expert knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (model selection and hypothesis testing, statistical inference, promotional response modeling etc.) and experience with real-world applications is required
- Knowledge of domain specific data sets of pharma and specialty pharmacy data sources (including RWE, Patient level data & sales data sources) is required
- Excellent communication skills (written and presentation)
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques (e.g. supervised, unsupervised, deep learning) and their real-world advantages and drawbacks is preferred
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization and to engage across a broad range of business partners and functions
- Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
- This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will require up to 15% domestic travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Francisco-
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (6062)