Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Programming Analyst
Spring House, Pennsylvania; Los Angeles, California; La Jolla, California; Raritan, New Jersey; High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 3746181004
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Programming Analyst to be in Springhouse PA, Raritan NJ, High Wycombe UK, Los Angeles CA or La Jolla CA with up to 10% travel is required.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Senior Programming Analyst is accountable to the Programming Lead for assigned programming activities (e.g., development, verification, and documentation). This role requires an in-depth knowledge of statistical programming, data structures, departmental processes, clinical research concepts and knowledge of applicable regulations.
This Senior Programming Analyst completes programming activities (e.g., development, verification, and documentation) of medium to high complexity in support of clinical reporting and submissions, with minimal guidance.
• Designs and develops statistical programs in support of clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
• Performs quality control in support of clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
• Maintains documentation as appropriate.
• Completes programming tasks of medium to high complexity with high quality and timeliness of deliverables.
• Critically reviews requirements and data, identifies gaps, suggests solutions, and applies expertise to improve efficiency of programming tasks and/or improve overall quality of programming deliverables.
• Volunteer for challenging assignments outside of immediate responsibilities.
• Identify areas of risk within a project and take on a leadership role to drive to a resolution.
• Take a leadership role in team meetings.
• Initiate an idea or process in your job that results in increased departmental efficiency, quality, or cost savings.
• Develop macros that help compound-wide programming efforts.
• Engage in a process improvement initiative.
• Volunteer to make presentations to peers and managers.
• Identify development opportunities for others and volunteer to mentor or coach.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or equivalent in computer science, mathematics or other scientific field (or equivalent theoretical/technical depth) is required.
• A minimum of 5 years programming experience with increasing responsibility, preferably in a pharmaceutical/Clinical R&D environment, is required.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills is required.
• Experience working with programmers in a team environment is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-California-Los Angeles, North America-United States-California-La Jolla, United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)