DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer for our Core Robotics team to be based in Boston, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are developing robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. As a Senior Software Engineer you will work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver state of the art medical systems.
In this role, you will work with our surgical robotics team to bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential. You will work alongside others on multiple software development teams to align on a rigorous development approach. Surgeons use our software to operate surgical robots and support hospital staff use it to execute their duties. Through collaboration and open feedback, you will ensure that the team is dedicated to excellence.
The Senior Software Engineer reports to the Core Robotics Software Manager within the Digital Orthopedic Surgery team. You will create software, design documentation and test documentation for the Core Robotics platform software used in the planning and execution of surgical procedures such as joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine. Using our proven Agile processes you will reuse components from our existing software architecture and integrate new components into high quality robotics products used during surgery by orthopedics surgical teams in operating rooms around the world. Your collaboration with engineers in other functions and quality professionals will ensure our products meet the exacting standards for regulated medical devices.
- Develop operational software that controls robotics subsystems and other real time software components based on approved requirements or reported issues related to complex medical products.
- Perform unit testing and other verification activities to ensure modules operate with high quality and performance.
- Participate in software development team activities to estimate upcoming development tasks and integration strategies.
- Work with Quality Engineers and other stakeholders to create and review test plans and artifacts such as design documents, verification tests, system integration tests during the development, manufacture and support of medical device software releases.
- Develop artifacts for ongoing projects based on approved requirements and software modules forming each supported product based on a core object oriented architecture.
- Deliver assigned work items and coordinating with other team members such as product scrum teams and R&D organizations.
- Support the on-time completion of software release documentation activities.
- Perform all duties in accordance with our Quality Management System.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in C++ software development is required.
- Experience with Robotics software development is preferred.
- Experience with real-time software development and communications interfaces required. (robotics and motion control applications preferred).
- Experience with computer vision and computer vision algorithms preferred.
- Familiarity with medical device software regulations such as IEC 62304 and ISO 14971 and other FDA guidelines is preferred.
- Experience implementing product requirements and software module documentation preferred.
- Experience with object oriented design tools and documentation automation technologies preferred (Ex: doxygen, Enterprise Architect, Confluence or similar technology).
- Experience of the entire software development lifecycle from technology investigation, product development to deployment and customer support is preferred.
- Experience with Agile software development processes is preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration implementations is desired.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is strongly preferred, such as medical devices and medical device software.
- This position will be based in Boston, MA and may require up to 20% travel, domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)