Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 3721180411
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Scientist to be located in Somerville, New Jersey
The Biosurgery platform in The Ethicon Franchise, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an R&D Scientist position located in Somerville, New Jersey. From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The R&D Scientist will conduct and support R&D efforts in the field of Hemostats and Sealants. This individual will work with other R&D scientists and engineers to design and test prototypes in a regulated medical device product development environment.
- Conduct research toward new product development or existing product improvement.
- Contribute inventions, new design or techniques to solve technical problems or improve existing products or processes
- Contributing member of multidisciplinary project teams in the design, development, and manufacturing of hemostats, sealants, adhesion prevention materials and other biosurgical applications
- Contributing member of project teams in the development and manufacturing of the medical devices
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and marketing
- Support project teams on selecting materials for medical device design
- Interact with customers to understand the unmet needs
- Interact with outside vendors, consultants and academia
- Conduct experiments and perform laboratory procedures to support prototype and/or process development, and prototype/product characterization
- Record data and observations in laboratory notebooks in GxP compliance manner
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results, prepare technical reports and present results to project teams and management
- Maintain laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies
- Must comply with safety and GLP guidelines including maintaining up-to-date training, following SOPs, maintaining equipment, and proper documentation of lab notebooks and logbooks
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Bio-medical Engineering, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience OR a Master’s in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Bio-medical Engineering, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience OR a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Bio-medical Engineering, or related field with 1 year of industry experience is required
- Proficient in use and application of commonly used software including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and database software is required
- Experience in biomedical polymers design and characterization is preferred
- Medical device design is preferred
- Knowledgeable in procedures including, microscopy, spectroscopy, mechanical testing, and moisture analysis is preferred
- Experience with statistical software for study design and data analysis, eg, Minitab, SAS, SAS JMP, SPSS is preferred
- Knowledge of medical devices regulations is preferred
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that embraces accountability, change, risk, and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to incorporate manufacturability into the new product development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have passion and enthusiasm for innovation
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal relationship and people skills
- Knowledge of Design/Process Excellence is preferred but not required
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)