Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Category Design & Fixturing, Beauty Special Ops - Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, California
Requisition ID: 3717171101
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Manager, Category Design and Fixturing, Beauty Special Ops, located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Manager of Category Design & Fixturing Neutrogena Make Up, is responsible for driving achievement of forecast, budget, revenue and productivity derived from instore execution of the merchandising unit, aligned to strategic business plans that integrate, align and achieve joint customer goals. The incumbent will lead the commercialization business planning process by influencing go-to-market strategies that drive profitable growth, product launches, and coordinate the efforts of commercialization planning to drive business success. The incumbent serves as a liaison between sales and marketing as well as other cross functional partners by providing voice of customer. The manager will develop and lead the execution for commercialization of new products in “the wall” to achieve established distribution & revenue targets, and will manage through the product life cycle including mitigation of returns in partnership with the sales strategy lead. The manager will serve as the lead for category management and design within the owned brand real-estate, vendor procurement and selection including management of physical fixtures and budget owner for the 10MM annual fixturing budget.
The role requires strong financial and analytical rigor, acute customer focus, and collaboration across the commercial organization to ensure marketing strategies are executed while maximizing congruence with strategic customer needs. High influence, external orientation and category thought leadership are critical to shaping the brand role in the market and are required to derive category, competitive and consumer insights through data and deliver customer influencing action plans.
Key responsibilities in addition to 4P excellence include, but are not limited to:
• Devises data driven recommendations to support category design, placement and distribution by retailer with strong 4P excellence inclusive of productivity and margin for J&J and retailers
• Leads the analysis and insight on “wall” performance to make recommendations to category buyers and to influence placement of the Neutrogena brand in store and on line
• Develop the strategic plan, develop timeline and drive stakeholder alignment on fixturing Strategy consistent with Marketing objectives and Customer objectives.
• Lead analysis through the use of best in class category management analytics & tools to derive data driven recommendations
• Accurately forecast, align on production and manage through lifecycle and inventory for fixtures including active budget/PO management and financial planning ftgor capitalization through close partnership with finance and supply chain
• Select, manage and lead relationships with all agency/vendor partners (external fixturing, graphics, merchandising and shopper/promotions) to ensure timely execution in line with brand equity & customer deliverables
• Partner with Marketing to develop customer graphic specs, requirements and timelines
• Lead and manage Master Data Maintenance (CMAT) system requirements and required SAP system inputs
• Own Digital Asset Management for ecommerce product line up in partnership with Marketing
• Lead and develop the performance of one direct report responsible for tactical fixturing management and PO/inventory management
• Provides leadership around development, evaluation, & implementation of the 4Ps by evaluating trends, developing insights, & translates findings to drive business performance improvement both internally & externally.
• Creates & influences assortment & merchandising recommendations.
• Fosters a winning, positive, action oriented attitude across the Beauty Business Unit
• May be assigned 1 or more direct reports, and is accountable for implementation of talent management processes and developmental coaching.
• 4-year degree required
• Minimum 5 years’ total business experience required
• Prior experience in consumer package goods preferred
• Prior experience in category management, customer development, business analytics, and/or customer marketing required
• Prior management experience is preferred
• Skincare and make-up experience preferred
• Ability to navigate and influence decision-makers up and down two or more levels, with and without direct authority, to ensure a fully-aligned customer/company business plan.
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex matrix, changing environment.
• Demonstrate effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Strong leadership presence and ability to tailor skills and presentation style to a variety of key decision makers.
• Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies and/or initiatives.
• Ability to lead, develop and oversee the execution of project plans and to implement, execute and draw conclusions from a variety of customer, shopper and category studies.
• Ability and passion to coach and develop reporting staff members.
• Ability to manage funds and resources to deliver the greatest outcome for the company.
• This position will sit in Los Angeles, CA and will require up to 20% travel
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)