Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 3712181004
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Materials Warehouse Supervisor is a critical role; it ensures the flow and storage of raw materials into plant, distribution of materials and work-in-process (WIP) throughout the plant, and the preparation and shipment of finished products out of the plant. This role leads and coaches the warehousing and materials handling team. Primary responsibility includes the establishment of processes, procedures, and training plans that deliver material handling activities that are performed safely and in compliance with all environmental and good distribution practices (GDPs).
- Delegates and supervises work assignments to warehouse personnel ensuring continuous and efficient workflow.
- Arranges for general warehouse upkeep including plumbing and electrical repairs, basic carpentry, painting and other needed maintenance.
- Works with other relevant departments to coordinate flow of materials or products for planning purposes.
- Develops and enforces procedures for the safe storage and movement of material in and out of the warehouse. Enforces all safety and environmental regulations.
- Coordinates physical inventories, cycle counting, surplus obsolete, engineering changes, cancellation activities, projected usage and other inventory planning/and reduction activities.
- Corrects inventory system where errors could affect the replenishment systems, financial position, credibility, or overall operations.
- Verifies inventory accuracy; takes cycle counts, controls inventory levels by changing reorder points and par levels to meet changing demands.
- Troubleshoots immediate inventory inaccuracies.
- Assure warehouse complies with all regulatory requirements for logistics processes.
- Communicates with supervisor, vendors, and staff to resolve any problems and/or concerns.
- Provides information and assistance for inventory policies and/or procedures.
- Supervises process of material management of raw materials and warehousing of finished goods.
- Prioritizes workloads, monitors and adjusts daily work schedules, and distributes projects to ensure schedules are met.
- Implements material management and distribution policy standards.
- Monitors the delivery scheme for raw materials. Facilitates the logistics.
- Supports opportunities to improve inventory investment through inventory entitlement model for applicable production line.
- Drives Lean / Six Sigma improvements and/or kaizen opportunities.
- 4-year university bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) desirable
- Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing certification desirable
- 2+ years related experience is required
- Experience with ERP & advanced planning systems
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. GMP, ISO requirements) is desirable
- Production planning or purchasing experience in a medical, pharmaceutical or consumer industry desirable
- Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, team and individual goals.
- Ability to share knowledge and personal experience.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
- Ability to target communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to site and PP&L leadership.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate/improve processes using continuous improvement tools.
- Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
United States-New York-Horseheads
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)