Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead, Release Train Engineer
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3711190117
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a IT Lead, Release Train Engineer. This position is located in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services Supply Chain is recruiting for a IT Lead, Release Train Engineer located in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The Technology Services IT Lead, Release Train Engineer will be responsible for the planning, coordination, scheduling and execution of Platform Releases. In addition, the Release Train Engineer will be responsible for protecting the integrity of existing services by ensuring regression testing criteria is successfully met prior to deployment of software releases. This role requires a combination of business process and technology expertise. This role will report directly to the Global ERP Platform Management Service Owner.
- Lead the Release planning, coordination, execution, and release review processes utilizing planning and collaboration knowledge and skills, while following approved J&J standard policies and procedures (e.g. SDLC, Agile, IAPP, etc.).
- Understand the full project life-cycle inclusive of Change Management and its effects/relationship to Release Management.
- Lead release planning and management reviews.
- Participate in cross-functional and cross platform release planning and management reviews with peers.
- Help facilitate the collection and reporting of metrics and performs continuous assessment of metrics to validate results and understand trends to identify potential improvement areas
- Creation/Management of Platform Release Calendar and leads reviews to facilitate platform level planning across multiple scrum teams, releases, and platform maintenance activities.
- Interact with cross functional teams, including ADEPT services, to ensure complete delivery of solutions.
- Ensure Release/Sprint planning and execution, cadence and ceremonies across Capacity and Scrum teams adopt and align to J&J methodology by coaching and performing regular audits.
- Provide coaching on opportunities to improve the process.
- Perform intake manager role for estimations that consist of changes across multiple functional services.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferably in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience is required.
- Strong background in software development and Agile/Waterfall techniques so that he/she can manage, and mentor junior engineers working on solution delivery and facilitate scope and work estimation is required.
- Strong understanding of SAP Technologies and Platforms is required.
- Experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other MS office tools is required.
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment is preferred.
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to management effectively is required.
- Ability to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others (project teams, services, partner organizations) with little supervision is required.
- Experience working with following tools: JIRA, HPALM is preferred.
- This position is located in Bridgewater, NJ and may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)