Johnson & Johnson Careers
DATA ARCHITECT RD LAKE
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3706190502
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for Data Architect - R&D Data Lake, located in Raritan, NJ.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON, THROUGH ITS OPERATING COMPANIES, IS THE WORLD'S MOST COMPREHENSIVE AND BROADLY BASED MANUFACTURER OF HEALTH CARE PRODUCTS, AS WELL AS A PROVIDER OF RELATED SERVICES, FOR THE CONSUMER, PHARMACEUTICAL, AND MEDICAL DEVICES AND DIAGNOSTICS MARKETS. WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE SCIENTIFICALLY SOUND, HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO HELP HEAL, CURE DISEASE AND IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE.
The Data Architect will be responsible for modern Information Technology (IT) expertise, and R&D knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in Big Data Management. This role is accountable for execution of technology initiatives that will enable overall R&D mission and Strategic Imperatives which is going to lead us to our future by accelerating adoption of Big Data technologies and growth of data sciences to tackle problem. As an Architect, this role will be responsible for design and development of capabilities such as Data Ingestion, Cataloguing, Preparation & Consumption which includes extensive Machine Learning based automation. The applicant will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a focused manner and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the applicant to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops machine learning tools which will have a transformative impact on Janssen R&D.
Target architectures include, business process to system to data mapping, Tool and technology selection, data flow design, Application integration to support end-to-end business processes.
Develop, maintain and lead data strategies, including the identification of gaps, risks and mitigation approaches
Lead and be accountable for scoping, design and alignment of multiple project architectures that implement or converge on data strategies and ensure alignment to Tech standards, including running project architects
Engage with partners to promote decision-making that ensures effective delivery of business outcomes, raising issues as appropriate
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Rapidly design, prototype, and implement architectures to aim the Big Data and Data Science needs.
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines (bulk, streaming, CDC) to process billions of records into and out of our data lake and Identity ontologies across data sets
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions
- Participate in developing and making sure data security policies
- Participate in capacity monitoring and planning
- Application Life Cycle Management: Development of application code, Lead application testing, documentation activities.
- Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope.
- “Technology specialist” who spans multiple data technology solutions implementations. Evaluate key technology trends and its impact on various business processes. Find opportunities for areas where technology provides differentiation. Investigate, identify and prototype new technologies.
- Pharma Industry preferred, technical knowledge of data platforms and software technology, knowledge of business process and business strategy, experience working across multiple levels of an organization, leadership skills, building context around key business drivers and strategic plan.
- Capable of creative thinking relative to new and emerging technologies and analytics, and capable of applying creative capabilities where appropriate
- An IT pragmatist, who knows when to use infrastructure to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for innovation from technology
- Thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for perfection and global expansion
- Superb communication and collaboration skills, able to network, interface and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build effective partnering relationships
- Data visualization tool experience - Spotfire, Qlik preferred.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the area supported, knows how value is built in the business, understanding the key levers for driving breakthrough improvement.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred in Information Technology, and/or other quantitative field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- 4 years of experience in Big Data (Cloudera distribution preferred) and Core technologies (Java/ Python).
- Hands-on experience with development and deployment of technologies revolving Big Data Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning is required.
- Strong programming experience in Big Data as a Service (Hadoop cloud in microservices architecture), Data Ingestion, Data Unification, Big scale Data Transformation, Data Wrangling and Data Visualization is required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level perspective.
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is helpful.
- 10% domestic and/or international travel required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)