Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF SYSTEM ENGINEER
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 3700190903
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV), a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff System Engineer to be located in Milpitas, CA.
JJSV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JJSV brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Staff System Engineer will be responsible for implementation of customer-based solutions that improves the customer experience and overall product quality. This position will be responsible for implementation of electrical, mechanical and optical solutions improving on-market products and/or quality release metrics. This position will also be required to work cross-functionally with R&D and Program/Product Quality Managers to ensure design intent, manufacture of design related changes and automation groups to ensure design standards have been met.
The primary responsibility of this individual is integration and testing of critical electro-opto-mechanical sub-systems for J&J Vision Surgical products. The System Staff Engineer will participate in and guide mechanical, electrical, optical and software engineering activities.
This individual will be involved in all aspects of the product development process from concept to commercialization (e.g.: technology research, proof-of-concept, requirements & specifications, design, analysis, characterization, optimization and documentation). A successful candidate demonstrates high caliber, and innovative approaches to product development. This position will communicate progress to large cross-functional groups with detail and clarity. He or she will work largely independently within established guidelines and goals.
• Translate customer requirements into product lifecycle improvements aimed at improving the customer experience
• Contribute to specification development
• Participate in design, simulation, prototyping and testing activities
• Generate and execute protocols/reports in accordance with established SOPs
• Participate in design review and technical risk management
• Support reliability testing and manufacturing transfer
• Shepard systems through compliance testing
• Contributes technical expertise for systemic Non-Conformances and CAPAs
• Adhere to Quality Management Systems and Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively horizontally and vertically in a matrix organization
• Lead the resolution of cross-functional and platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with system objectives.
• Assist in the integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
• Manage and participate in failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions
• A minimum of BS degree in Engineering, or related field is required
• 6 or more years of progressive engineering experience required
• Experience in the specification, evaluation and troubleshooting of precision optomechanical subsystems a plus
• SolidWorks experience is a plus
• Experience with optical systems integration incorporating light sources, detectors, specialized imaging systems and associated electrical hardware and software a plus
• Modeling, simulation and tolerancing using ZEMAX is highly preferred
• Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics a plus
• Understanding of EMI/EMC management preferred
• Knowledge of medical device industry standards, regulations and statistics such as ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820 or similarly regulated work environment is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)