Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
STAFF ELECTRICAL/SOFTWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER, ENERGY
Requisition ID: 3679180215
Ethicon, a part of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting a Staff Electrical/Software Systems Engineer for the development of surgical robots and instruments in their Cincinnati, Ohio location.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market enabling significant professional growth.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Work with internal and external development teams to deliver a novel surgical robot platform and advanced surgical tools.
This position will involve leading Systems Engineering activities across complex electro-mechanical surgical device programs. Integrate the work of multiple technical disciplines. Demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral as well as effective leadership are required.
o Contribute to the technical leadership within traditional systems engineering functions by providing active technical engagement within requirements capture, decomposition, trace management, verification, risk management or issue tracking, among others.
o Contribute to system design by performing requirement allocation, decomposition, and analysis as needed to ensure clear and unambiguous design specifications.
o Contribute to product realization by performing trace analysis, risk management, verification effort or other functions necessary to establish the safety and effectiveness of the product.
o Proactively determine and manage other resources necessary to perform systems engineering activities while minimizing impact to program
o Lead the resolution of cross-functional and platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with system objectives.
o Manage the integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
- Develop and manage system and subsystem requirements.
- Support system and subsystem verification against requirements.
- Manage and support the development of test plans and procedures.
- Manage and participate in failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions.
- Support the development and integration of test equipment and test software to support product verification / validation.
- Create interface control specifications for systems including both electrical and mechanical requirements.
- BS/MS in an engineering discipline (Electrical, Software, Computer Science, Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum 8 years direct experience in a large product development environment;
- Experience within a medical or highly regulated environment is preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and collaborating across organizational boundaries (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations)
- Working knowledge of system-level tools and processes used for requirements management, risk management, issue tracking or test automation with professional expertise in at least one such tool.
- Strong understanding of Systems Engineering activities with relevant professional expertise in at least one System Engineering area (requirements management, verification or other related activity)
- Experience developing and managing system and subsystem requirements is required.
- Experience managing and supporting the development of test plans and procedures is required.
- Experience creating and managing interface control specifications for systems including electrical, software and mechanical requirement is required.
- Previous experience with surgical devices, procedures, and direct interact of customers
- Experience managing and participating in failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions is preferred.
- Experience supporting the development and integration of test equipment and test software to support product verification / validation is preferred.
This position is based on Cincinnati, Ohio, and may involve up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)