DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a (Trauma) Sales Consultant in the Atlanta, GA area.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
DePuy Synthes Trauma offers a comprehensive portfolio of trauma care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex trauma injuries using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
The Sales Consultant has front-line responsibility for developing and fostering new surgeon and account-level relationships within a geographic territory.
Sales Consultants are primarily responsible for the conversion of prospect surgeons/accounts and penetration of existing customers through incremental sales, managing a book of business. The Sales Consultant will drive sales by understanding customers’ needs, then developing and executing a sales strategy that fulfills those needs.
• Prospecting and Planning: Identify and qualify prospective surgeons and accounts. Develop and execute account or surgeon-specific plans and selling strategies to grow sales and convert new business.
• Achieves Business Plan objectives including territory and new product quotas through meeting growth objectives
• Product Sales: Drive product sales for all assigned products within an assigned territory or set of named accounts. Uses product and customer knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of products
• Customer Relationships: Gain access to the right surgeons and buyer points within an account. Build effective customer relations with key surgeons, operating room personnel and other pertinent hospital personnel.
• Case Coverage: Maintain appropriate surgeon/resident contact with all prospects or newly converted customers. Routinely provide support to surgeons and OR personnel during surgical cases
• Customer Care: Strive to improve patient care. Service customer as a problem solver and maintain excellent response time and follow-up. Routinely educate Surgeons, OR and Central Supply Personnel through in-services and workshops
• Inventory Management: Maintain sales equipment and promotional materials in proper condition and uses them to support territory efforts
• Handle competitive threats with appropriate sense of urgency
• Actively promote new or special emphasis products and strategic selling objectives
• Implement plans to achieve a balanced product sales mix in assigned territory
This position requires extensive travel within territory with the possibility of weekend work and/or limited overnight travel. Majority of time will be spent in surgeon office and/or hospital setting and includes coverage of cases in operating room (OR), coordination of equipment required for case coverage, and logistics related to hospital billing and replenishment.
Sales Consultants must achieve a level of expertise and competence, as well as a reputation for integrity, and are required to be on call 24 hours to respond to the needs of our customers and works every day to improve patient care
Required Minimum Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR:
[in lieu of Bachelor’s degree]
Associate’s degree, or surgical tech / highly specialized medical training/ certification (e.g. Medical Sales College) plus four (4) years of relevant experience in clinical, hospital, or surgical environments
• [in lieu of Bachelor’s degree]
At least eight (8) years of orthopedic sales experience
• A minimum of three years of relevant sales or professional experience, preferably in medical device and/or in clinical/hospital/surgical environments.
• The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
• A valid driver's license issued in the United States
• The ability to travel which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
• Residence in or willingness to relocate to the posted territory.
• Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving, and business acumen skills required.
• Experienced in data analysis and have excellent problem-solving skills
• Results orientation/sense of urgency; ability to drive to tight timelines
• Internal and external customer focus
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Ability to work in matrix and team structure
• High level of attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate and work in complex environment
• Understanding of human anatomy and physiology
• Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols and solutions preferred
• Three (3)+ years of previous experience in one of the following: healthcare sales experience or hospital/operating room experience, or clinical experience in orthopedic sports medicine.
• Track record of building a successful territory
• Selling experience in Trauma, Spine, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Extremities, or Neurology strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)