Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Embedded Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 3670180216
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer II, in Sports Product Development group, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Embedded Software Engineer II will work with design engineers, surgeons, manufacturing, quality, regulatory affairs, product directors, and other team members to develop product requirements and concepts on new and existing electro-mechanical devices. This individual will complete necessary documentation to support design/development changes. He/she will contribute to the software development efforts for Class I-II Medical devices. Candidates will be responsible for documentation, software design, failure analysis, verification/validation testing and generation of protocols as well as documenting test reports. The engineer will participate in design reviews, presenting results of formal analysis, generating project progress reports, and investigation summaries. In addition, the engineer will be responsible for planning assigned tasks. The individual will know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance.
- This position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience in medical device process design and development is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of embedded software design using ANSI-C and C++ is required.
- Willingness to work in medical environments including cadaver labs and Operating Rooms is required.
- Experience with real time operating systems including management of processes/threads, inter-process communication, semaphores/mutexes, interrupt service routines etc. is preferred.
- Experience with disciplined software documentation including proper code commenting, software requirements, software design documents, fault analysis, software test protocols etc. is preferred.
- Experience with IEC 62304 Standard for Medical Device Software highly desirable
- UML Experience using Rhapsody for C or C++ is desired
- Experience with Unix based operating system is desirable
- Experience developing Windows applications using Visual Studio is desirable
- Basic understanding of video and image processing is desirable
- Ability to explain (both written and verbal) complex technical issues to quality engineers, marketers, and technical writers is required.
- This position is in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel including international.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)