Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PRIMARY ELECTRO MECHANICAL DEV ENGINEER, ENERGY
Requisition ID: 3668180215
Ethicon Endo Surgery, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Primary Electro Mechanical Development Engineer, Energy, located in Cincinnati, OH supporting the Global Surgery group.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The R&D Primary Product Development Engineer is responsible for acting as a team member on product development projects conducting various assignments in cooperation with direction of team & team leader. You will operate in a matrixed global organization and be responsible for partnering with new product development teams to insure that the product design incorporates good DFM/A principals as well as good service and maintenance practices that facilitate long term serviceability. In addition to this, other activities include planning and leading the development of the assembly process and any associated validation activities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate must have the experience and skills necessary to development and assembly of electro-mechanical components, systems and assembly/test equipment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A focused degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline is preferred.
- A total number of 3 years of professional experience is required.
- Previous professional experience within an Electro-mechanical function is required.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO and cGMP regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with RoHS, UL and IEC 60601 product safety and EMC requirements are preferred.
- Knowledge of IPC acceptance and workmanship is preferred.
- Experience with electro-mechanical manufacturing processes that include: Box build, SMT, BGA/PGA, device packaging, micro-electronics, motors, gearboxes, wire harnesses, power supplies, LED's, LCD displays, PCBA's, rigid/flex circuits, EPROM's, software validation, HiPot testing and in-circuit testing is preferred.
- ESD and EMI controls within a manufacturing environment are preferred.
- This individual must have demonstrated experience with industry norms and standards for wiring and cable management. Competent working knowledge of 6-sigma methodologies, statistical techniques is required.
- Experience working with in-process and finished good test equipment.
- Experience in managing product, project and process risks via tools (i.e. FMEA & RISDA) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the development of Medical devices is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an EM manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in the equipment service area is preferred.
- A certification in Process Excellence (Green Belt or Black Belt) is preferred.
- Good communication and presentation skills required.
This position may require up to 25% travel and is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)