Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Analytics Manager
South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 3662190110
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Business Analytics Manager to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
You will leverage prior pharmaceutical / life sciences experience in business and marketing analytics to take immediate responsibility for projects and on-going reporting needs. In this role, you will:
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within analytical projects to facilitate the successful execution of Actelion’s business objectives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Conduct analyses for both ad hoc and periodic reporting
- Represent the Business Analytics group on cross-functional teams
- Support brand planning by analyzing product and market trends
- Conduct prospective and retrospective impact assessments of key commercial initiatives and provide strategic guidance to product teams
- Measure success by defining performance metrics and analyzing results
- Develop and maintain performance dashboards so as to deliver timely, actionable information to key company stakeholders
- Synthesizing analytic findings into key insights regarding a specific brand’s performance and competitive environment
- Collaborate with other commercial functions to maintain a current understanding of key business questions pertaining to a specific brand
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS with five years relevant experience is required of which three years are business analysis in BioPharma or Healthcare industry is preferred
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills is required
- MBA with an analytical background
- Experience leading advanced marketing analytics projects (ex. promotional response, machine learning)
- Familiarity with analytical methods and approaches specific to pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Skilled in use of data management and presentation/visualization tools (Excel, Access, SQL, PowerPoint and Tableau)
- Skilled at multi-tasking and working in a dynamic environment
- Can challenge current strategies or objectives and propose alternative recommendations as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience leading effective project teams
- Expertise analyzing secondary data in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. IMS, SHA) a plus
- Working knowledge of statistical processes and software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R) a plus
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)