Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 3662180611
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Automation Technician will work in conjunction with the manufacturing teams, by providing day-to-day electrical and technical support and executing continuous improvement projects, within the processing and packaging departments.
- Direct packaging and manufacturing line support
- Initiate and execute manufacturing original equipment improvement projects and electrical/controls upgrades
- Install, repair and maintain electrical, electronic equipment, instrumentation as well as computerized systems (HMI, PC’s, vision systems & network troubleshooting) related to manufacturing machinery and systems.
- Must be able to perform work to CSA and ESA standards
- Develop, implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs
- Effectively use SAP PM to search history, create work orders, find parts and ensure supporting documentation is prepared
- Ability to create and modify electrical drawings, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and schematics when required
- Assist with mechanical repairs as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Electrical/Electronic Technologist Diploma is required. Industrial Electrician License with appropriate experience will be considered
• Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience required, preferably in regulated manufacturing environment with an emphasis on automation
• Must have hands-on experience/programming competency in Rslogix, Micro Logics, Omron and Elau
• In depth knowledge and experience with PLCs/PCs, electrical systems, instrumentation, motor controls systems and project management
• Knowledge of and competence in the application of GMPs required
• Previous experience with equipment commissioning, validation and troubleshooting is an asset
• Previous experience with SCADA and historian design and programming is an asset
• Capable of using electrical equipment to diagnose electrical issues
Knowledge & Technical Competency Requirements:
• Ability to work as part of an interdepartmental team
• A strong electrical aptitude and high standards for workmanship
• Ability to work outside of regular shift and for extended periods, in order to accommodate production schedules and meet project timelines
• Must exercise initiative and good judgment in the process of completing equipment modification projects to improve overall performance
• Work effectively under minimal supervision
• Understanding of proactive maintenance in order to contribute in correcting problems before they become downtime issues
• Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issues and to work proactively to resolve. Ability to work efficiently to maximize department goals of minimizing equipment downtime
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate the activities of a line installation, major equipment installation or upgrade, or a complex programming upgrade
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)