Janssen is recruiting for an Experimental Medicine Lead in the Translational & Experimental Medicine Group within the Cardiovascular & Metabolism Therapeutic Area (CVM TA) located in Raritan, NJ.
The Experimental Medicine Lead will serve as a Real World Evidence (RWE)/Data Scientist to provide strategic and scientific input to the CVM TA Translational & Experimental Medicine Group. To successfully meet these objectives, this individual will work closely with individual Clinical and Discovery project teams as well as functional area partners in the Data Sciences, Quantitative Sciences, Late Development and other relevant organizations.
- Provides strategic input into the CVM TA RWE/Data Science priorities ranging from individual projects to large collaborations with external vendors and academics
- Identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. Specific examples may include:
- Work with the Clinical Leaders and Compound Development Teams to develop a RWE/Data Science strategy to improve early and late phase clinical study designs by supporting novel patient identification/selection and selection of end points (e.g., identification of at risk patient populations through development of novel predictive algorithms)
- Provide support for Discovery efforts where specific RWE/Data Science efforts can provide insight into the potential efficacy or safety issues with a target/program (e.g., assessment of available -omic data related to specific targets/pathways or clinical data from available marketed agents)
- Serves as a key liaison to functional area partners and provide support for collaborations with JRD Data Sciences teams, Quantitative Sciences, late development clinical group, and other internal organizations to assure alignment on key RWE/Data Science programmatic goals
- Contribute to the development of the Translational Early Development Plan which describes the overall clinical development strategy for early stage compound(s) in collaboration with CVMR Discovery, Biomarkers, Development, and other functional partners
- Participate on and may lead cross-functional teams for evaluation of new scientific opportunities, disease areas, product ideas, implement franchise business strategies, etc.
- Provides key input into diligence activities
- Participates or leads cross-departmental or cross-functional projects with broad Janssen impact
- Authors abstracts and manuscripts for publication based on clinical trial data
- Builds relationships with opinion leaders and may act as company spokesperson regarding publication of research findings and presentations to health authorities and consultant/advisory meetings.
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD, MD or both) required
- A strong background in Real World Evidence/Data Science, as evidenced by an advanced degree in statistics, bioinformatics, computational biology, epidemiology, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering or related fields is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills is required
- Experience working with and leading cross-disciplinary teams is required
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python, R, C++, or Java is required
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms (Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc.), exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling, signal processing and/or Natural Language Processing techniques is required.
- Experience handling healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims or registry data is required
- Experience working in pharmaceutical or biotech industry with strong knowledge of drug discovery and development, especially in CVM related fields preferred
- Prior experience in modeling and analysis and expertise in physiology, metabolism, and retinal disease including working with multiomics data and imaging data is preferred
- Experience with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows, software engineering (databases, cloud computing) and / or querying languages such as SQL
- Experience and knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical trials and for the appropriate contributions to regulatory filings preferred
Fluent in written and spoken English
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)