Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) Leader, Retinal
Requisition ID: 3659190502
Janssen is currently recruiting for a Global Commercial Disease Area Strategy (DAS) Leader, Retinal Diseases.
The mission of the Cardiovascular and Metabolism (CVM) TA is to change the global trajectory of the cardiometabolic disease epidemic by developing innovative medicines that lead to clinically meaningful outcomes which improve patient lives, reduce healthcare system costs, and create value. The CVM TA focuses on Thrombosis, High-Risk Obesity, Diabetes Complications, and, with the recent announcement of Janssen’s collaboration with MeiraGTx, the CVM TA will broaden its scope to include the new (to JNJ) Retinal Disease area.
The Commercial DAS Leader, Retinal Diseases, will:
CREATE THE FUTURE: (co-created with R&D and in collaboration with MeiraGTx)
- Create the short- and long-range, end-to-end strategy for the disease area, leading JNJ into this new disease state.
- Direct and align portfolio strategy with the disease area strategy and manage the quality of the portfolio to execute against the Janssen One goals.
- Provide commercial expertise to support licensing and acquisition activities
- Identify transformational strategies in select new spaces that align with the disease area stronghold (biomarkers, diagnostics, etc.)
- Advance disease interception strategies that align with the disease area
- Innovate by leveraging technology-enabled solutions to improve patient outcomes.
LEAD & MANAGE THE PRESENT:
- Build a deep understanding of the disease area.
- Maximize the value of assets and develop successful global brands.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. regulatory, medical affairs, market access, R&D, etc.) to facilitate decision-making.
- Partner with regional leadership to build a winning global commercial strategy and secure implementation.
- Effectively navigate the J&J network, leverage relationships and credibility to advocate for DAS positions, and influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Evaluate external markets to identify opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Manage a team of strategic marketing and analytics professionals to develop deep commercial insights, and ensure execution is aligned to strategy.
- Accountable for attracting and developing talent, and advancing GCSO talent agenda
This role will serve a critical leadership function on the GCSO Cardiovascular and Metabolism Leadership Team, as well as on the Cardiovascular and Metabolism TA Management Board. The position reports directly to the Global Commercial Strategy Leader, Cardiovascular and Metabolism.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant area is required. MBA or relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of pharmaceutical commercial and strategic experience is required.
- Broad based commercial experience preferably managing Business Unit P&L with a consistent track record of delivering above-market results is required.
- Leadership ability to successfully work across functional and geographic boundaries is required (preferably across multiple markets preferably across multiple countries or market access models)
- Proven strategic thinking and strategic marketing skills across product stages end-to-end, especially launch, life cycle management, business development, and portfolio strategy and management are required
- Experience in the retinal diseases area is preferred
- Knowledge of and demonstrated learning agility to acquire a basic understanding of Retinal Disease science, and the ability to effectively influence portfolio strategies based on insights and foresights to future scientific direction in Retinal Diseases.
- A successful track record in leading and/or managing across multiple functions, such as marketing, market access, medical affairs, R&D, regulatory, and operations
- Ability to operate globally and locally and effectively influence without direct-line reporting authority
- Facility in leading teams to strong business and portfolio recommendations based on sound, insightful, qualitative and quantitative decision-making approaches and tools.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)