Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Marketing Manager, U.S. Marketing, Value Capture, Platform Insights
Requisition ID: 3659181004
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager, Platform Insights. The preferred location for this position is Raynham, MA; however, consideration will also be given for West Chester, PA and Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Platform Insights will own the development of deep customer and pricing based insights across the DePuy Synthes North America businesses. This role will identify price attainment opportunities using multi-source qualitative and quantitative methods. Begin by understanding customer value drivers and buying behaviors to create price segmentation framework as basis of sustainable profitable growth. Assess industry price trends, forecasts, and root causes. Using this information, determine pricing opportunities and proposals to increase price realization. Propose bold industry moves encompassing changes to revenue model, value metrics, creative channel price structure, and price signaling necessary to change the market price model. Collaborate across various organizations to align on actions to improve short-term and long-term price performance. Primary areas of focus:
- Design & measure price performance metrics to influence changes in organization pricing behaviors to deliver higher price attainment. Big data analysis encompassing product, customer, and stakeholder to refine pricing strategy as well as driving change management of price tactics and execution.
- Perform industry price analysis to assess competitive pricing levels and behaviors relative to DePuy Synthes. Identify gaps to drive actionable resolution across the business as well as understanding advantages to expand upon in aiding revenue growth.
- Develop in-depth understanding of customer value drivers and buying behaviors using multi-source qualitative and quantitative approach such as customer depth research, conjoint analysis, surveys, customer visits, and third party reports. Help create price segmentation strategy to more strategically approach the market with the most appropriate offers based on segment mapping (value drivers and willingness to pay).
- Research and propose creative pricing framework to transform industry price structure. Determine the industry characteristics that offer unique pricing approaches in shaping and creating value. Propose bold industry price structure changes to expand the revenue pie encompassing changes to revenue model, value metrics, creative channel price structure, and price signaling.
- Align and lead change management efforts across multiple organizations including marketing, sales, account management, finance, operations, and pricing. Activities include Revenue Growth Management, Augmented Intelligence, and Price Transparency initiatives.
- Manage one to two direct reports.
The candidate must have strong change leadership skills and be able to develop relationships with sales, account management, deal desk, franchise marketing, and regional marketing teams. The ideal candidate balances strong quantitative skills with strategic insight and vision. This position is “hands-on.”
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- An MBA is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of business experience with two (2) years of people management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in pricing strategy and analytics is preferred.
- Experience in pricing and/or market research is preferred.
- The ability to interpret and communicate complex business data is required. Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and upper management to impact decision-making is required.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of financial/ profitability metrics is required.
- Ability to prioritize and to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities is required.
- Business and financial acumen along with strong analytical skills are required.
- Experience developing quantitative and qualitative customer segmentation is preferred.
- The ability to anticipate/proactively manage the needs of cross-functional constituents is a must.
- Must have advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the Medical Device industry is preferred.
Travel up to 15% of the time, mainly domestic, is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)