Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 3659180214
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a for a Drug
Formulation & Developability Summer Intern. Janssen R&D focuses on
treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex
diseases of our time. We discover and develop medical solutions to address
important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious
diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
The Developability team is a part of the Preclinical Development & Safety group in the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D, and is responsible for helping ensure that compounds entering development have characteristics for successful translation from discovery to the clinic. The summer intern in Developability will work on creating innovative formulation approaches to help bring life changing medicines closer to reality. The Internship Program is also focused on providing students with practical scientific and industrial experience.
The Drug Formulation & Developability Intern will:
- work collaboratively with Janssen R&D team members to develop drug formulation approaches to support ongoing project goals
- produce and characterize drug formulations in the laboratory
- participate in ongoing team meetings and be exposed to the functions within Janssen R&D
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelors or graduate degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or closely related fields.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) for 10 – 12 weeks.
- Students who have completed three years of college coursework will be considered.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently in the laboratory.
- Candidates with experience in preformulating, such as salt form selection, solubility measurements, and solid-state characterization are strongly preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)