Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientific Communication Leader, Immunology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 3650190110
Janssen is recruiting for a Scientific Communication Leader to support the Janssen Research & Development’s Immunology Therapeutic Area (TA).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit https://www.janssen.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The scientific communication leader is a newly created role within the Immunology Therapeutic Area, responsible for enhancing all aspects of communications about our immunology science, for internal and external audiences, including those that have and do not have a scientific background. This professional will work closely with the therapeutic area communications leader and both the global R&D and commercial teams, and will report to the Senior Director, Business and Portfolio Management. This professional will act as a communications advisor and strategist, an editor, a creator and a coach, working to identify the most compelling messages from our scientific work and to convey them in an accurate, understandable way.
• Create scientific presentations for TA leadership for external and internal presentations, often working in tandem with the TA Communications Leader and the compound development team leaders. These may include presentations for scientific advisory committees, analysts and investors, potential business partners, health authorities, and senior leadership at Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, as well as presentations for leaders’ use at external events.
• Work with team leads on enhancing their own communications, helping to identify and convey key messages in a clear, compelling way. This would include editing written materials and reports (e.g., editorials, articles, internal reports), providing input on Powerpoint presentations (for internal and external audiences), and coaching speakers on their delivery.
• Lead on creating messaging for use with media and investors/analysts around aspects of our science or data.
• Create graphics that illustrate complex scientific concepts – either for a scientific or non-scientific audience, working with graphic artists to execute concepts the scientific communications leader envisions.
• Identify external support to address gaps for internal scientific narrative needs. Manage these relationships and budgets. Support could include editorial, Powerpoint and graphic design.
• Create a library of content accessible to teams, which would include various views of our pipeline, core slides on each of our programs, illustrations of our science using a common style
• Participate in planning and preparation of internal communications events that are focused on the science
• Provide input into content created by medical affairs and the commercial teams, with the goal of enhancing clarity
• Partner with the TA communication lead in building a strategy around data presentations at medical meetings and lead on creating compelling materials for use with the media that increase our reach. These may include infographics, backgrounders, and message maps
• Lead on identifying and participating in external, science-focused events, for example, through sponsorships
• Lead on enhancing scientific content on Immunology that appears on Janssen.com and JNJ.com
Advanced degree in science-related discipline (preferably a Ph.D.)
• Minimum 7 years’ combined post-graduate experience.
• Proven ability to translate complex science and research data into language understandable by a variety of audiences, from scientists to business executives and laymen.
• Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Communications experience is a strong plus, including, for example, writing and editing articles, manuscripts, editorials or grants.
• Ability to develop successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Occasional domestic and international travel is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)