Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Equipment Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 3639190830
The Ethicon Surgical Care business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a R&D Lead Systems & Equipment Development Engineer, Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH. (Individual contributor role)
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
- Lead assembly equipment and process development activities within New Product Development projects, supporting activities within the Ethicon Digital Surgery Franchise.
- Work with our Supply Base to deliver qualified assembly processes and equipment that meet established cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Provide project planning, design support, process development knowledge, and qualification / validation / stabilization execution.
- Utilize their prior work experience, Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques, Lean Six Sigma process knowledge, and the Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tool to drive the product design to its most efficient outcome.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced development engineers.
- Have significant experience with several of the following assembly process and manufacturing technologies and concepts utilized by Ethicon’s suppliers: manual assembly, automated assembly, test development, automated vision inspection, laser welding, lean manufacturing, line balancing.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an Engineering focus is required.
- A minimum of (7) years of work experience in manufacturing process development or operations is required.
- Prior experience with manual and automated assembly manufacturing processes is preferred
- Application of statistical analysis techniques is preferred (Process Stability / Control / Capability methods, etc.)
- Design of Experiments (DOE) experience is preferred.
- Development and Application of gauging techniques and subsequent Measurement Systems Analyses (GR&R) is preferred.
- Prior experience in New Product Development, Project Management, and Risk Management experience is preferred.
- Experience within a medical device production environment or other regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) is preferred.
- Experience with process design and development/ build of manufacturing or assembly equipment is preferred.
- Experience with hardware/ software development in relation to manufacturing test systems is preferred.
- Prior experience managing assembly equipment development with an external equipment fabricator/ supplier is preferred
- Experience with vision inspection systems and sensors is preferred
- Experience with Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt is preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5) is preferred.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)