Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 3637190830
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Counsel to serve as the Board Attorney to support the U.S. Actelion business as part of North America Pharmaceuticals. The position is located in South San Francisco, California and will report to Patricia Lukens, VP Law, Janssen North America.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Board Attorney will be responsible for providing the management team and other cross-functional business partners with solutions-oriented strategic legal advice across all applicable areas of law on a wide range of proposed business initiatives, projects and materials to further the interests of the business, while protecting the company’s rights, interests and reputation. The Board Attorney will also coordinate with the business to timely complete Phase 2 of the Actelion Integration during the third and fourth quarters of 2019.
As a member of the Actelion U.S. Leadership Team and the Actelion U.S. Operations Committee, the Board Attorney’s main responsibilities include:
- the efficient and effective management of all legal affairs for the Actelion U.S. business;
- alignment of legal resources to business priorities;
- keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes, translating the impact of such changes to the business and activating any change management required to ensure compliance with such changes;
- partnering with business clients, colleagues in the Johnson & Johnson Law Department globally and with external counsel to support business opportunities while ensuring compliance with applicable legislation, industry guidelines and internal policies; and
- representing Actelion’s and Janssen’s interests before external stakeholders, such as industry trade associations and state and federal governmental entities.
- A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar with all admissions being in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience practicing as an attorney is required.
- Experience as a business attorney for a commercial operating company or comparable business / legal experience in a functional role is an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of the healthcare market (preferably pharmaceuticals), including, legal, compliance and regulatory issues preferred.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding legal services to, and interact with, a range of senior executives is required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills and an excellent track record of collaboration with colleagues is required.
- This position is located in South San Francisco, CA.
- Up to approximately 10% domestic travel may be required.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)