Johnson & Johnson Careers
Facilitator, 2nd shift
Requisition ID: 3624181004
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Facilitator, 2nd shift located in Athens, GA.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Supervises the daily operations of several manufacturing departments to ensure the implementation of the manufacturing strategic goals by maximizing productivity through the optimal use of equipment and personnel. (Minimum equipment utilization target of 80%)
- Responsibilities include: planning and directing manufacturing and maintenance functions, supervising and developing individuals and teams to achieve expected performance standards and initiating changes for improved products and processes.
- Develop and support initiatives to meet quality standards in manufacturing and improve in process quality.
- Develop and support initiatives to meet customer requirements to ensure fill rates are met, while reducing inventory and manufacturing cycle time.
- Responsible for communicating measures for accountability to associates and assisting associates in meeting job responsibilities. Apply associate involvement methods as needed to increase associate responsibility and ownership.
- Direct and support processes to ensure production schedules are met. (Key metrics: Line Item Fill Rate (LIFR), schedule adherence and cycle time.)
- Interprets administrative policies for associates, reviews associate performance and makes decisions regarding personnel actions.
- Ensure correct policies and guidelines are followed to maintain compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies (Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards, etc.).
- Utilize resources to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Support manufacturing in day-to-day troubleshooting situations and actively serve on IPT (Integrated Production Teams) as assigned.
- Regularly identifies efforts and results by production team members and provides appropriate recognition.
- Capable of acting on behalf of the Manufacturing Manager.
- Accountability for results with proven track record.
- Demonstrated business insight to know how business works and knowledgeable in current and future business developments.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience is required
- Experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in the operation of equipment in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills required
- Proven leadership skills in associate involvement and teamwork, initiative & creativity is required
- Ability to work under pressure achieving consistently high results in quality, efficiency, and compliance through individual and team efforts is required
- Strong computer and database management skills required
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Possess understanding of equipment Preventative Maintenance programs and their administration is preferred
- Possess understanding of equipment calibration programs and their administration is preferred
- Fundamental understanding and ability to direct technical resources in machine shop operations is preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and manufacturing processes such as Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, and Pull Systems is preferred
- Basic knowledge of industrial controls, including PLC’s and PC-based operator interfaces is preferred
- Technical knowledge and or experience in electrical, mechanical and control systems to be able to direct resources for the investigation diagnosis and repair of equipment is preferred
- This position will work 2nd shift (3:00pm-12:00am) and have 1 on-call weekend every 3 weeks
- This position is located in Athens, GA & require up to 5% domestic & international travel
Ethicon Inc. (6045)