Johnson & Johnson Careers
Drug Product Development – Large Molecule INTERN Summer 2019
Requisition ID: 3620181007
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for summer intern students in 2019 for Drug Product Development Biologics to be based in Malvern, PA. The Summer Intern will support activities related to the biologics drug product design within the Drug Product Development – Large Molecule (DPD- LM) department. The incumbent will support projects related to formulation screening and process development for large molecules.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pproviding support to areas of formulation screening and drug product design.
- Supporting the collaboration between DPD Formulation Scientists, Process Development Scientists, and Scientific Integrators, as well as Analytical Development Scientists.
- Supporting the creation of workflow's for applying spray drying to biotherapeutic formulation screening efforts.
- Pproviding effective communication with internal team members on supported projects
- Intern will gain knowledge of drug product development focusing on formulation and process development through hand-on experience with a variety of laboratory instruments and experimentation.
- Intern will gain knowledge and understanding for the scientific processes that are used to design and manufacture biotherapeutic therapies.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college throughout the duration of the internship.
- Completion of a minimum of 1-2 years towards a Bachelors in an Engineering field or related discipline.
- Previous knowledge of statistics and design of experiments (DOE) is preferred.
- Student must be available in summer of 2019 and have the ability to work full-time during the duration of the internship.
- PC based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)