Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Systems Engineer (Software)
Requisition ID: 3611190313
Ethicon, a part of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Principal Systems Engineer (Software) to be based in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market enabling significant professional growth.
- Contribute to architecting and implementing Ethicon’s vision for smart/connected operating rooms, including digital/robotic surgery, advanced surgical instruments employing smart/adaptive algorithms to improve patient outcomes, and a connected IoT infrastructure for data analytics and machine learning.
- Architect software and electrical designs and requirements of highly complex medical capital modules
- Lead Systems Architecting activities across complex medical capital systems and electro-mechanical surgical device programs, integrating the work of multiple technical disciplines.
- Manage the integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
- Manage system and subsystem requirements including definition, decomposition, analysis and trace management to ensure clear and unambiguous design specifications.
- Ensure product & system technical specifications and requirements are verifiable while contributing to system verification and validation
- Create interface control specifications including both electrical and mechanical requirements
- In concert with design teams, provide expert guidance on technical management of risks throughout the system lifecycle.
- Identify, manage and resolve critical issues to minimize impact to the program (cost, time, financial performance)
- Leverage capabilities within J&J’s Medical Device sector and throughout J&J to identify internal and key external technologies and potential partners in bringing novel concepts to maturity.
- A minimum of a B.S in an Engineering discipline is required.
- A B.S. or M.S. focused in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering/Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a New Product Development or relevant engineering environment is required.
- A minimum of 5 years in a direct Systems Engineering or architectural role required.
- Significant experience with embedded electrical and/or software design is required.
- Experience leading and collaborating across organizational boundaries (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations) is required.
- Experience working with system-level tools and processes used for requirements management, risk management, issue tracking or test automation is required.
- Experience with Systems Engineering activities: requirements management, verification or other related activity is required.
- Experience developing and managing system and subsystem requirements is required.
- Experience creating and managing interface control specifications for systems including electrical, software and mechanical requirement is required.
- Experience within a medical device or other highly regulated environment is preferred.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio, and may involve up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)