Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Market Research – Hematology Oncology
Requisition ID: 3596190501
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Market Research – Hematology Oncology located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Market Research is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action within the Janssen Biotech, Inc. Oncology Business Unit.
This position will partner closely with the existing market research team, cross functional partners, and external co-promotion partners, while serving as an internal consultant to the Marketing & Sales teams. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results. This role will lead professional, patient and payer market research efforts within the Hematology Oncology franchise.
Manager, Market Research – Hematology Oncology will:
- Lead the development and implementation of primary research plan for health care professionals, patients and payers including developmental research (e.g. attitudinal segmentation, patient journey, etc.), evaluative research (brand positioning, message testing, etc.) and tracking research (message recall, ATUs, etc.)
- Lead design of market research to address brand strategic imperatives, identify appropriate supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals
- Be accountable for conducting research activities in a compliant manner
- Integrate primary research insights with data across Commercial Insight & Strategy team (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) to shape strategies and organizational actions that drive tangible growth in revenue or profit
- Collaborate effectively across co-promote counterparts and Janssen/co-promote business partners by shaping decision making, fostering partnership, gaining alignment across multiple partners and resolving conflict in a productive manner
- Provide strategic input to help shape business plans and brand strategies across both new indications and established indications
- Focus on key business questions/issues and frame business problems into research plans
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact
- Demonstrate leadership courage to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high-value projects
- Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies
- Act with speed, agility and accountability
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value by uncovering unmet needs and creating actionable insights
- Present complex issues in a clear and persuasive manner, effectively communicating recommendations to cross-functional teams and brand team
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture
- BA/BS required
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of combined relevant business experience in market research, business intelligence, marketing, or business analytics is required.
- Market Research experience is preferred.
- Oncology experience is preferred.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence franchise/brand level decisions and strategies is required.
- This position is based in Horsham, PA and requires up to 15% domestic travel.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)