Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr. Director, Medical Science Liaison within Oncology to be based in Horsham, PA
The Senior Director, Medical Science Liaison in Oncology & Hematology (Sr. Dir. MSL) is heading up a large and multi-level organization of highly qualified MSLs, Field and Scientific Directors to provide fair balanced and objective scientific information and education to health care professionals and to internal partners as required by scientific and business needs. This position requires to set and implement the vision for a fast growing organization while also effectively collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Defining and implementing of an overarching vision for the Janssen Oncology & Hematology MSL teams.
- Leading MSL teams and people development of multidisciplinary MSL teams that interfaces with U.S. academic and community stakeholders (MD, RN, PharmD, PA, NP, research staff, etc.). This includes relevant FTE resourcing, MSL talent acquisition and retention, goal setting, performance evaluation, and management of direct and indirect associates (e.g. field day observations, monthly reports, etc.).
- Identifying, developing, and executing MSL launch strategies of new products and line extensions
- Support MSL territory expertise to maintain relationships with local stakeholders including medical insight synthesis and internal partner distribution
- Communication of needs assessments to Scientific Communication team to ensure timely availability of proactive and reactive MSL resources supporting evidence communication
- Building MSL team scientific acumen of new developments in relevant disease state, marketed, and pipeline products
- Oversight of strategic external engagement director in implementing strategies that support a One Janssen approach
- Facilitating MSL team support of evidence generation (company-sponsored trials, investigator-initiated studies, registries) in collaboration with USMA and GCO for early and late stage development products
- An Advanced degree such as a PharmD, PhD or MD is required
- Demonstrated success in leading field-based teams including experience in evidence generation and communication is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Research & Development experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- This position requires up to 60% annual domestic travel.
- Residency/fellowship experience is highly preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)