Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Scientist, Workforce Analytics
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3586180213
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. is seeking a Senior Scientist, Workforce Analytics with a primary location in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Workforce Analytics team at Johnson & Johnson provides the insights and perspective on our employees and workforce that allow us to fulfill our mission of helping people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
The Senior Scientist will partner with colleagues as well as internal and external partners to develop, implement, and apply algorithms and methods to address critical questions about our workforce. The role will work with an array of stakeholders at various levels of the organization including senior management to help ensure that our investment in people aligns with the overall strategy of our organization. The contributions of this individual will help ensure we continue to grow the rich culture and workplace that inspires the people of Johnson & Johnson.
• Must have both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and the creativity to invent and customize approaches when necessary.
• Participate and lead project teams comprised of internal and external team members, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and analytical partner.
• Translate key business questions to conceive, design, develop, and execute on end-to-end analytical solutions. End-to-end analysis may include data gathering and requirements development, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
• This individual will be someone who stays on the leading edge of data mining research by doing novel studies to influence decisions at various levels in the organization.
• This individual will be part of a dynamic team and success will hinge on effective collaboration and mentoring of other team members.
• Work will entail large, complex data sets and require exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data.
• Make business recommendations by delivering effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative and qualitative information.
• Advanced degree (PhD or MA) with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with machine learning, text mining, natural language processing or modeling high-dimensional data is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
• Understanding of applied statistics (e.g., advanced statistical analysis, underlying assumptions of statistical modeling, interpretation of statistical results) is required.
• Applied statistician with a background in machine learning, text analytics, decision trees, and clustering preferred
• Familiarity with “large” datasets (ideally including large sample text analysis) and an understanding of data analysis workflows are required.
• Demonstrated ability both to teach others and to listen and learn new techniques is required.
• Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, Java, Perl, C++ is required.
• Experience with statistics, analysis and visualization software packages such as R, SAS, Python or other analytical tools is required.
• Great written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams and explaining technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences is required
• Knowledge of human resources challenges and data is strongly preferred
• This position will be primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ with up to 5% domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)