Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for Category Manager – Consumer NA Agency located in Skillman, NJ with an alternate available location in Fort Washington, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category Manager will be responsible for working closely with the Agency team
and supporting the Agency category for Johnson & Johnson Consumer. The role
will have a core focus on supporting the North America and Global Consumer
marketing teams. The position must shape, connect and lead senior-level
resources to deliver on key business needs, while being adaptable and agile in
a dynamic business climate.
The Category Manager - Agency’s scope of duties include:
- Driving the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Identifying business needs and act with agility and purpose to drive value for the NA and Global Franchise Consumer businesses.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for transformational categories of spend to deliver best-in-class value for the Agency category.
- Interfacing directly with supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including thought leadership, service, innovation and cost.
- Demonstrating thought leadership of key supply market trends/dynamics through external benchmarking, data gathering, and supplier enabled innovation to drive overall transformation.
- Ability to learn quickly across various types of supplier engagements including consulting, data purchases, primary market research, analytics, and IT
- Delivering on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments through the annual business planning cycle.
- Collaborate on global business plan for Consumer NA Procurement by partnering with the business and procurement teams
- Serve as procurement representative to consumer marketing teams to implement and execute on Procurement strategies that are aligned with business/sector needs
- Elevate global supplier management with suppliers by facilitating regional supplier management meetings with the key agencies
- Execute RFP events in partnership with local, regional, and global team members, and others across Marketing, Global Marketing Services, Finance, Sales, and others
- Drive continuous improvement and business change management of procurement fundamentals (e.g. Enterprise Standards & Productive)
- Interact with regional category lead network (5+ peer network) to deliver on procurement financial, diversity, innovation, and growth commitments
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, strongly prefer procurement or marketing
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills.
- Prior experience working with agency or marketing environments or business partners is preferred
- Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies specialties including general management, Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D, or a Technical field with at least 5+ years within a Procurement environment.
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.).
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence".
- Strong people management and development skills.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)