Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING INTERN
Requisition ID: 3580180213
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a Scientific Computing Intern for the Scientific Computing Operations team within Manufacturing, Toxicology, and Applied Statistical Sciences (MTASS) group to be located in Spring House, PA. The MTASS group is part of the Statistics & Decision Sciences organization at Janssen.
Janssen R&D, part of the Janssen family of pharmaceutical companies within Johnson and Johnson (J&J), develops medicines to address unmet medical needs and improve the quality of life of patients worldwide. Research and development encompasses Therapeutic Areas (TA) focused on Immunology, Oncology, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular & Metabolism.
We thrive on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and a commitment to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical industrial scientific and clinical experience.
The intern will work closely with SDS and other Janssen R&D teams to:
- Develop web-based computational solutions
- Investigate and optimize data pre-processing workflows
- Contribute to concept and design web layout, navigation, and associated graphics
- Create Shiny/R apps to support data manipulation
- Develop prototype and production internal apps
- Working towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree in statistics, computer science or related field
- Demonstrated experience programming in R is required
- Experience with data manipulation in different statistical settings is preferred
· Basic knowledge of statistics and data modeling is required
· Ability to meet prioritize deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and strong work ethic
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable.
- Experience with data visualization software such as Shiny, Spotfire or Tableau is highly desirable.
- Experience with Linux and working with Pharma/Biotech data is preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)