Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Research Scientist, RNA Replicon Immunotherapy, within the RNA & Targeted Therapeutics group located in La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
RNA and Targeted Therapeutics is an organization within Discovery Sciences committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates in the novel synthetic modalities space working closely with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) discovery teams.
The candidate will support the overall program goals and strategy of the group working to develop and deploy our RNA-based vaccine platform across multiple disease indications. It will require deep expertise in immunology and vaccinology and the ability to apply this knowledge base to a wide variety of disciplines, including but not limited to oncology and infectious disease. She/he will work closely and collaboratively with both internal and external partners to advance potential products into the clinic. The scientist will have significant laboratory activities and be responsible for designing and coordinating in vivo vaccine studies and associated end-point assays.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory
- Supervise and direct in vivo studies at contract research organizations (CROs)
- Train junior associate scientists in the lab
- Identify potential new indications for the platform and develop strategies to deploy it within these areas
- Contribute to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting
- Presenting data and reports on project status at individual, group, departmental meetings
- Present work at scientific conferences
- PhD in Vaccinology, Virology OR Immunology, or related field is required
- Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on vaccinology, immunology, virology or related field is preferred
- Hands on experience with immune assays is required
- Highly proficient with basic immunology techniques is required, (examples may include ELISAs, ELISpots).
- Extensive experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required.
performing in vivo studies including: PBMC preparation for immune cell
phenotyping/functional studies is preferred
Experience with intracellular cytokine staining and in vitro T cell stimulations is preferred
- Experience evaluating vaccine correlates of protection is preferred
- Protein expression analysis techniques (e.g. cell transfection, mammalian cell culture, protein concentration determination, Western Blot, etc.) is preferred
- Able to effectively multitask and advance various projects simultaneously is required
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA, and may require up to 15% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)