Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist in Bacterial Vaccines
Requisition ID: 3548181004
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is hiring an Associate Scientist in Bacterial Vaccines to be located in Raritan, NJ.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC has a thriving, diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and is committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will be part of an established team working to evaluate clinical trial samples for immunological responses to vaccination by internal vaccine candidates. The candidate will perform in vitro experiments, analyze data, records results, and provide interpretations and conclusions as appropriate. The candidate will be expected to set up, operate and maintain laboratory instruments. The candidate will be expected to maintain current knowledge of the scientific literature associated with his or her areas of research.
Primary duties will include the qualification and performance of assays associated with full development programs including ELISA and optionally an Opsonophagocytic Killing (OPK) assay, and serological assays for the characterization of bacteria. Responsibilities will also include the culturing and preparation of tissue culture cell lines for use in bioassays and for cryogenic storage, and the culturing of bacterial isolates.
The candidate will perform in vitro assays in support of ongoing clinical trials under Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) conditions and will maintain laboratory records according to GCLP requirements. Familiarity with GCLP principles and procedures is expected; the candidate will benefit from experience with GCLP documentation practices including SOPs, Work Instructions, Deviations, and Study Plans.
- A four-year degree is required
- At least two years’ experience with ELISA assay development and performance is required.
- Two - four years of laboratory experience in the performance of activities associated with in vitro assays of clinical materials is required.
- Experience working with Biosafety Level (BSL) II bacterial pathogens is required
- Familiarity with tissue cell culture, basic microbiology, aseptic technique, and general safe laboratory practices is required.
- Familiarity with principles of the opsonophagocytic killing assay, immunology, molecular biology techniques, and the analysis of cell surface marker expression by flow cytometry, is required.
- Experience with GCLP principles and processes, in the context of a clinical readouts testing group, is required.
- Familiarity with the LIMS LabWare program is beneficial.
- Experience with internal and external audits is beneficial
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)