Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Manager, Product Line, GES Advanced Capabilities & Innovation
Somerville, New Jersey; Irvine, California; Irvine, California
Requisition ID: 3531180824
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for IT Sr. Manager, Product Line, GES Advanced Capabilities & Innovation. This position can be located in Somerville, NJ or Irvine, CA; other locations will be considered as appropriate.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the Medical Device organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
As a member of the Medical Devices IT Global Education Solution Product Line, this position will work closely with the business to translate business needs and requirements into clear and easily understood strategies and requirements relative for consumable product backlogs and sprints cycles. This position will also manage effective relationships with both key business partners and delivery teams to ensure the smooth Agile delivery of key product and solutions in support of product line capabilities. The candidate will be primarily focused on enabling Advanced Capabilities and Innovation WW through a variety of integrated technology solutions to support the Professional Education landscape.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Provide input into the overall IT Strategy and technological direction for Global Education Solutions group that supports our differentiated education engagement agenda for the multi-billion dollar Medical Devices business worldwide
• Help identify and prioritize business and technology investments by effectively managing programs to deliver maximum value
• Take ownership of specific areas and/or initiatives related to GES as assigned by the WW Sr. IT Director, including but not limited to strategy, solution, cost and timeline, risk, and transparent communications
• Respond to and execute on Integrated Professional Education Solutions demands and requirements
• Help monitor overall IT spend, in conjunction with other IT Franchise BTLs
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and cost containment across IT initiatives
• Support the collaboration and sharing of best practices WW – full transparency
• Help drive the aforementioned integrated IT & Business strategy and agenda for Global Education Advanced Capabilities and Solutions
• By working closely with Global Education Solutions, help provide the required capabilities, so we can achieve our overall business goals and ensure IT provides a competitive advantage. Specifically, this leader will work on integrated solutions across varying technology and business product sets to enable new and differentiated solutions to met our changing landscape of professional education within the Medical Devices Product and Services landscape
• Lead across a number of stakeholders (Business & IT) the building of strategies for successful development and deployment of advanced Educational solutions, core capability offerings and new technologies to drive business value; enabling the achievement of product delivery targets and more
• Partner across the product line to support innovative opportunities with business partners to enable differentiated educational paths for our business and customers through digital and mobile education capabilities, simulation, mixed reality, and collaboration capabilities and more
• Partner across and within product lines (inclusive of R&D, Data & Analytics and others) to integrated and cohesive strategies and solution design and delivery for new go to market strategies and alternate business offerings
• Understand IT products or systems in the Professional Education, Healthcare Insights and Digital space; map out business processes to serve as reference for development and IT support
• Proactively surveys the industry to bring applicable solution offerings and 3rd party solutions to meet critical unmet business needs
• Prioritize and align, with the business, a harmonized WW portfolio of capabilities in support of strategic business imperatives as a member of the GES PL leadership team
• Writes, manages and clarifies story points as required. Maintain key product strategies and backlogs in partnership with Business Product Owners accordingly; while ensuring financial management and stewardship for such products
• Works with the business to translate requirements for IT sprint cycles and in a consumable format and terminology for developers (includes project charters, use cases, data flows, wireframes, etc). Explains to the business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint
• Ensures effective coordination of user acceptance testing (as required) to ensure requirements are satisfied.
• Oversees day to day platform configuration management
• Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation and participates in compliance activities as required
• Drives collaboration and sharing of best practices within the GES Product line space across the WW Medical Device IT community. Partners within Key Global & Corporate Strategic forums to ensure alignment to strategies relevant to the Education space
• Lead teams with both direct and indirect accountability to ensure successful delivery
• Manage financials and project activities accordingly
• Act as an IT representative on business leadership and governance teams as assigned
• Partake in External Client Engagement if needed
• Perform other work related duties as assigned
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the field of computer science or business administration is preferred
• A minimum of five (5) years of overall IT Product Development or Product Management experience is required
• Deep understanding of business drivers/processes and the ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments is required
• Previous industry knowledge highly desired in the life sciences space preferred
• Significant experience and track record working across multiple levels of an organization, knowledge of trends (e.g., digital solutions, mobile, big data and/or differentiated technology solutions and go to market strategies) is required
• Demonstrated experience leading complex programs with significant system and process interdependencies is required
• Ability to quickly acclimate and work across multiple, complex business domains in support of projects is required
• Expertise in helping to drive adoption to improve IT and business experience is required
• Experience in directly managing people and/or virtual teams is required
• Ability to manage high level of complexity, as well as the ability to be comfortable operating amongst other commercial stakeholders is required
• Influencing skills are also required as we drive the required change that comes with the Transformation initiative
• The ability to work at an abstract level and continuously “pivot” to arrive at the highest impact answer for the customer and the ability to represent customers/users and translate business process needs into IT solutions are required
• A strong understanding of product development lifecycle, knowledge of healthcare, business theory, management, budgeting and business office operations are all highly preferred. Familiarity with software development methodologies is required; previous experience in an Agile environment preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong negotiating skills, and the ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with exceptional service orientation are all requirements for this position
• Must have the ability to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language is required
• Up to 20% domestic/international travel may be required for this position
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America-United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Irvine
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)