Johnson & Johnson Careers
Technical Associate- 2nd Shift
Requisition ID: 3526180607
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Technical Associate (2nd Shift) in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The primary purpose of the Technical Associate position is to provide technical support to the Process in the manufacturer of consumer pharmaceutical products at McNeil’s Lancaster Facility.
- Technical support includes performing and documenting maintenance, making and documenting adjustments to process equipment, supplying to change control activities, projects and facility outages.
- Technical associates will also support operations in equipment change over and provide technical direction to operating associates when assigned.
- Attend GMP trainings as scheduled and applicable.
- Complete training in Compliance Wire, in assigned instructor led classrooms or as a performance qualification as assigned.
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform.
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and dedication to doing the job right the first time.
- Operational and Process Focus
- Identify and communicate to supervision all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment that is utilized for the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
- Will need to be responsive to the manufacturing environment for maximum up-time of equipment.
- Perform the technical portions of changeovers within his/her process area within allotted timeframes.
- Train and enable operators to assist with or perform changeovers within his/her process.
- Perform Corrective, Preventative and Emergency Maintenance and document within CMMS (SAP).
- Contribute to root-cause analysis of equipment / component downtime issues.
- Support the planning group with information to order repair parts or oversee contracted repair services.
- Ensure that all documentation associated with his/her activities is documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to: CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and log books)
- Follows all appropriate safety requirements- use of PPE, Lock out/tag out, confined space entry etc.
- Participates in protocols, change control activities and line trials in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
- Operate Manufacturing and/or Packaging equipment/machinery to manufacture and/or package product as per applicable SOPs for the purpose of troubleshooting, adjustment and repairs.
- Follow applicable SOPs and batch records.
- Maintain an updated and current training record
- Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (Zero Defects, OEE etc.
- People and Organization Focus
- Participate in team meetings and shift change-over meetings.
- Work as a team member with Team Leaders and PRT members for process family line to ensure process outcomes (Business Unit results) are achieved.
- Work with Packaging Engineers/Tech Ops Engineers to resolve issues
- Compliance Focus
- Conduct work based on established and certified cGMP, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Participates in investigations and internal and external audits.
- Customer and Performance Improvement Focus
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment.
- Share work knowledge/expertise with fellow team members and McNeil personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- A High school diploma or its equivalent for this position and an A.S. Degree in Technical discipline desired.
- Five years of technical work experience may be substituted for the technical degree.
- Three (3) of technical experience in a similar manufacturing environment (clean room, continuous production, machinery) with specific focus in the following areas:
- Ability to quickly diagnose and repair equipment.
- Changeover reduction experience.
- Downtime reduction analysis.
- Mechanical and Electrical abilities.
- Experience with SAP or computerized materials management
- Basic computer skills, including Windows Operating Systems and applications or equivalent.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, ability to climb a ladder, A combination of standing and sitting for a normal shift of up to 12 hours.
- Previous high-speed packaging equipment Repair and Maintenance experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in the manufacturing operation for the food, medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)